Sign in with
Your question
Closed

SLI - one monitor per G-card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 4, 2011 7:19:57 AM

Howdy,

I have a GTX570 Goes Like Hell edition but my monitor only uses HDMI (the GTX570 only has 1 HDMI port), meaning I can only have one monitor per GTX570. If I got a second GTX570 and ran SLI, could I have one monitor in each graphics card, using HDMI?

More about : sli monitor card

December 4, 2011 7:35:27 AM

You can connect another monitor by using a hdmi converter on a single 570 card. If you have any new ati cards you can run upto a 3 monitor setup on a single card
Score
December 4, 2011 8:07:43 AM

CptTroll said:
Howdy,

I have a GTX570 Goes Like Hell edition but my monitor only uses HDMI (the GTX570 only has 1 HDMI port), meaning I can only have one monitor per GTX570. If I got a second GTX570 and ran SLI, could I have one monitor in each graphics card, using HDMI?

When you run cards in SLI, you only connect one card to the monitor(s), the second is simply a "slave" card, and communicates through the first card.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2011 9:03:15 AM

Apart from the HDMI, your GTX570 has two Dual Link DVI, so you can use them to connect more monitors.
Score
a c 175 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 4, 2011 10:25:55 AM

You must to connect all cables to the first GPU. The second GPU is just like assistant.

Try to get DVI to HDMI adapter.
Score
a c 171 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 4, 2011 10:42:31 AM

Quote:
When you run cards in SLI, you only connect one card to the monitor(s), the second is simply a "slave" card, and communicates through the first card...You must to connect all cables to the first GPU. The second GPU is just like assistant.

Anyone hear of Surround View?

I'd use a converter, or if you need to buy the second monitor as well you could just buy one that support DVI as well.
Score
a c 175 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 4, 2011 12:07:21 PM

Quote:
nVidia card...

????

I don't understand.
Score
December 4, 2011 2:39:33 PM

Eyefinity is a Ati version of 3 monitors spread to one giant screen- Nvidia is 3d surround- or 2d surround, both of which require 2 cards in sli to enable.
Score
a c 175 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 4, 2011 4:22:52 PM

Thanks for the helpful information mate.
Score
December 21, 2011 4:26:52 PM

I just looked at this 2 weeks later, and noticed that your reply is wrong, if you go to nvidia site and look up the technology it is given the same 2d surround, and 3d surround obviously pertaining to using 3d or not. Next time dont use goggle to answer a question you know nothing about. Heres a link read it. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-technol...
Score
!