Premium Text Messages?

What are these?

I've been getting billed for these over the past month.

When I called CS, they said that's a SMS service that you opt in to.
They could not tell me if it was a Cingular service or not (which I
don't do).

What are these?

In <gabley-BB2B7D.11163607072005@news.supernews.com> on Thu, 07 Jul 2005
11:16:36 -0700, Yazzan Gable <gabley@titans.org> wrote:

>What are these?
>
>I've been getting billed for these over the past month.
>
>When I called CS, they said that's a SMS service that you opt in to.
>They could not tell me if it was a Cingular service or not (which I
>don't do).
>
>What are these?

These are providers that send you "premium" content by SMS. You may have
inadvertently signed up for such a service, or been signed up without your
consent (as I was a couple of years ago). Tell Cingular to block it. Insist
if necessary.