Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba Satellite c850 bootup issues

Last response: in Windows 8
January 20, 2013 3:58:11 PM

Hello, and thanks in advance i have a Toshiba Satellite c850 series computer every time i try to turn it on it says checking for media then says fail then it comes to a screen that says No bootabel device -- please restart system now my computer never came with a recovery disk and i refuse to buy one it should of came with one its bs is there anyway i can download one or something??? i have windows 8 that came with the computer so obviously no product key or whatever is there any suggestions on what i can do? and just so everyone know's im not very computer literate so please dumb it down for me if you can thank you
January 20, 2013 4:04:29 PM

its a Satellite C855d-s5303 if anyone has a recovery disk they can help me out here that would be great
m
l
January 20, 2013 4:04:36 PM

its a Satellite C855d-s5303 if anyone has a recovery disk they can help me out here that would be great
m
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
January 20, 2013 4:37:52 PM

Hi :) 

Run a hard drive test in DOS...HIRENS CD etc, it sounds like a failing hard drive...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
January 20, 2013 4:40:11 PM

umm dumb this down for me a bit please? cause the computer wont even turn on i cant get to the start up or nothing its just a black screen that says the message
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
January 20, 2013 4:42:29 PM

NSSVTR said:
umm dumb this down for me a bit please? cause the computer wont even turn on i cant get to the start up or nothing its just a black screen that says the message

Of course its turning on...where do you think that message comes from...magic ?

Do what I said with HIRENS...

m
l
January 20, 2013 4:46:44 PM

i dont have any CD's at all
m
l
a b \ Driver
a b * Windows 8
January 20, 2013 5:35:29 PM

NSSVTR said:
i dont have any CD's at all

Then BUY a blank cd...and write Hirens to it... etc

m
l
July 31, 2013 12:19:04 AM

NSSVTR said:
Hello, and thanks in advance i have a Toshiba Satellite c850 series computer every time i try to turn it on it says checking for media then says fail then it comes to a screen that says No bootabel device -- please restart system now my computer never came with a recovery disk and i refuse to buy one it should of came with one its bs is there anyway i can download one or something??? i have windows 8 that came with the computer so obviously no product key or whatever is there any suggestions on what i can do? and just so everyone know's im not very computer literate so please dumb it down for me if you can thank you

m
l
August 14, 2013 11:42:40 PM

NSSVTR said:

(1) Shut down the system while pressing the SHIFT key to completely power off.
(2) Power on while pressing F2 to enter the BIOS Setup Menu.
(3) Go to the Security tab and set the "Secure Boot" setting to "Disabled".
(4) Go to the Advanced tab, enter "System Configuration" and set the Boot Mode to "CSM Boot."
(5) Press F10 to save and exit.
(6) Insert your preferred OS Installer (CD/DVD/USB)
m
l
October 20, 2013 3:29:25 AM

plzzzz help me
its not opening the bios
whenever i press F2 it gives error named (CRICTICAL_SERVICE_FAILED)
m
l
November 16, 2013 3:42:54 AM

hi..i have toshiba laptop satalite c850 series... i need dual booting ..i have already windows 7 .. me also install windows xp . but installation process the installation canceld. whts the prblm between the issue pls make it answer?..
m
l
!