HAF X with out wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopoo-peepee

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
A mate of mine recently received a custom gaming pc.
As the title suggests the pc case is a HAF X. I'm sure that allot of you would be familiar with this case,
but for those that don't the case comes with wheels attached to the bottom and the case has a vent so the power supply can be placed upside down and the hot air can be blown out of the vent and through the gap, thus reducing the ambient heat of the case.

My friend did not like the look of the wheels and so removed them, upon seeing this I recommended that he put feet of some kind so the psu doesn't overheat.

He seemed fairly indifferent to it though, and said he'll do it eventually.
Do you guys think he should do something about it sooner rather than later?
Just curious.

Solution
I think Jacob was thinking that they can turn the PSU so that the PSU's fan is blowing into the case and not worry at all about the clearance on the bottom of the case.

And I totally agree.

I have the HAF X also and unless the PSU is really being strained, the PSU won't add that much heat to the case. The HAF has so many areas for air flow its crazy.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
The wheels are just for mobility. I have this case: Depending on the fan configuration, (even with the Power Supply mounted on the bottom) the way the HAF X is designed, being directly on the floor should not pose an overheating issue.

Do you know what Power Supply they are using? If it is mounted on the bottom? Is the fan open to the bottom of the case?

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
I think Jacob was thinking that they can turn the PSU so that the PSU's fan is blowing into the case and not worry at all about the clearance on the bottom of the case.

And I totally agree.

I have the HAF X also and unless the PSU is really being strained, the PSU won't add that much heat to the case. The HAF has so many areas for air flow its crazy.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS