PSP 2.0 Update from Japan not for US PSP's

Copy and Paste from http://us.codejunkies.com:

Sony advises US PSPs owners not to install 2.00 update

Sony has advised owners of North American PlayStation Portables not to
install the Japanese 2.00 update.

Although the update will happily install on US PSPs, with few problems
reported, Sony will only be able to offer customer support once it has
been officially released in the USA - something that will happen
sometime in the future.

European PSPs will ship with the 2.00 update pre-installed.

The Japanese Sony site that allows anybody to download the update file
has been updated since its release on Wednesday with the following
warning for owners of non-Japanese models:

"CAUTION: This update is only for customers who obtained PSP
(PlayStation Portable) for Japan which model number is PSP-1000 or PSP-
1000 K. Upon completion of preparing, we will announce update
information for the other countries/areas customers via SCE Group Web
Site or other channels. For theses customers who obtained PSP in the
other countries/areas, please DO NOT update PSP through this web site."

Content used under license from and copyright Eurogamer Network Ltd

The US update came out before the 29th, yes?

I know a few people 'here' had updated from the Japanese site. Have you
noticed any issues?

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

TheLightsAreOn wrote:

> Copy and Paste from http://us.codejunkies.com:
>
> Sony advises US PSPs owners not to install 2.00 update
>
> Sony has advised owners of North American PlayStation Portables not to
> install the Japanese 2.00 update.
>
> Although the update will happily install on US PSPs, with few problems
> reported, Sony will only be able to offer customer support once it has
> been officially released in the USA - something that will happen
> sometime in the future.
>
> European PSPs will ship with the 2.00 update pre-installed.
>
> The Japanese Sony site that allows anybody to download the update file
> has been updated since its release on Wednesday with the following
> warning for owners of non-Japanese models:
>
> "CAUTION: This update is only for customers who obtained PSP
> (PlayStation Portable) for Japan which model number is PSP-1000 or PSP-
> 1000 K. Upon completion of preparing, we will announce update
> information for the other countries/areas customers via SCE Group Web
> Site or other channels. For theses customers who obtained PSP in the
> other countries/areas, please DO NOT update PSP through this web site."

> Content used under license from and copyright Eurogamer Network Ltd
>
> The US update came out before the 29th, yes?
>
> I know a few people 'here' had updated from the Japanese site. Have you
> noticed any issues?

7/29=July.

> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>>
>> Copy and Paste from http://us.codejunkies.com:
>>
>> Sony advises US PSPs owners not to install 2.00 update
>>
>> Sony has advised owners of North American PlayStation Portables not
>> install the Japanese 2.00 update.
>>
>> Although the update will happily install on US PSPs, with few
problems
>> reported, Sony will only be able to offer customer support once it
has
>> been officially released in the USA - something that will happen
>> sometime in the future.
>>
>> European PSPs will ship with the 2.00 update pre-installed.
>>
>> The Japanese Sony site that allows anybody to download the update
file
>> has been updated since its release on Wednesday with the following
>> warning for owners of non-Japanese models:
>>
>> "CAUTION: This update is only for customers who obtained PSP
>> (PlayStation Portable) for Japan which model number is PSP-1000 or
PSP-
>> 1000 K. Upon completion of preparing, we will announce update
>> information for the other countries/areas customers via SCE Group Web
>> Site or other channels. For theses customers who obtained PSP in the
>> other countries/areas, please DO NOT update PSP through this web
site."

>> Content used under license from and copyright Eurogamer Network Ltd
>>
>> The US update came out before the 29th, yes?
>>
>> I know a few people 'here' had updated from the Japanese site. Have
you
>> noticed any issues?
>

> 7/29=July.

True, but my question remains valid: Did any early installers notice any
problems?

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

TheLightsAreOn wrote:
snip
> True, but my question remains valid: Did any early installers notice any
> problems?

Supposedly some people have had some wireless issues, as Japan's
standard differs slightly from the US standard.

"Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
> snip
>> True, but my question remains valid: Did any early installers notice any
>> problems?
>
> Supposedly some people have had some wireless issues, as Japan's
> standard differs slightly from the US standard.

No wireless issues here.

No Movie issues

No Game issues..

Guess i got lucky

"TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>> TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>>>
>>> Copy and Paste from http://us.codejunkies.com:
>>>
>>> Sony advises US PSPs owners not to install 2.00 update
>>>
>>> Sony has advised owners of North American PlayStation Portables not
>>> install the Japanese 2.00 update.
>>>
>>> Although the update will happily install on US PSPs, with few
> problems
>>> reported, Sony will only be able to offer customer support once it
> has
>>> been officially released in the USA - something that will happen
>>> sometime in the future.
>>>
>>> European PSPs will ship with the 2.00 update pre-installed.
>>>
>>> The Japanese Sony site that allows anybody to download the update
> file
>>> has been updated since its release on Wednesday with the following
>>> warning for owners of non-Japanese models:
>>>
>>> "CAUTION: This update is only for customers who obtained PSP
>>> (PlayStation Portable) for Japan which model number is PSP-1000 or
> PSP-
>>> 1000 K. Upon completion of preparing, we will announce update
>>> information for the other countries/areas customers via SCE Group Web
>>> Site or other channels. For theses customers who obtained PSP in the
>>> other countries/areas, please DO NOT update PSP through this web
> site."

>>> Content used under license from and copyright Eurogamer Network Ltd
>>>
>>> The US update came out before the 29th, yes?
>>>
>>> I know a few people 'here' had updated from the Japanese site. Have
> you
>>> noticed any issues?
>>

>> 7/29=July.
>>

> True, but my question remains valid: Did any early installers notice any
> problems?

Nope, still using it.

> "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message

>> problems
>> has

>> file

>> PSP-
Web
>> site."

>> you
>>>

>>> 7/29=July.
>>>

>> True, but my question remains valid: Did any early installers notice
any
>> problems?
>
> Nope, still using it.

Could the story have just been scare tactics by Sony to stop Americans
from updating early?