Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Quality/inexpensive gaming prebuilt - are there any?

Last response: in Systems
Share
February 3, 2012 3:21:00 PM

Title about says it all.

Are there any manufacturers (big or small), selling prebuilt PC's with quality components while still being able to save the consumer money in the long run?

It seems like most of the smaller companies charge full retail per part + build cost. Has anyone found a company offering a worthwhile PC?

Thanks!
February 3, 2012 3:37:42 PM

Your best bet would be to find a friend or someone that you know that can put one together for you. Even better than that try to put one together yourself.. there is plenty of help on these forums and around the internet to make it a great learning experience and you will appreciate and love your PC that much more.

I would think that maybe a local, individually owned shop or individual may provide the best deal if you go talk to them. You might even be able to pick your parts (and get help doing so) and get a decent price.
m
0
l
February 3, 2012 3:41:11 PM

nunyaabidniss said:
Title about says it all.

Are there any manufacturers (big or small), selling prebuilt PC's with quality components while still being able to save the consumer money in the long run?

It seems like most of the smaller companies charge full retail per part + build cost. Has anyone found a company offering a worthwhile PC?

Thanks!

Stay away from small retailers they tend to mark up MSRPs buy even 80% or more. I thin Ibuypower is OK for pre built but I build my own PCs and that is what I recommend everyone to do.
m
0
l
Related resources
February 3, 2012 3:41:24 PM

Oh, I build my own PC's. I was just looking at 'deals' around the internet and I wasn't able to find anything really... worth it.
m
0
l
February 3, 2012 3:44:26 PM

nunyaabidniss said:
Oh, I build my own PC's. I was just looking at 'deals' around the internet and I wasn't able to find anything really... worth it.

There is no pre built's that are worth it if you can DIY and if you have the time and energy to learn or already know then that is the way to go.
m
0
l
February 3, 2012 3:48:18 PM

Gordon Freeman said:
There is no pre built's that are worth it if you can DIY and if you have the time and energy to learn or already know then that is the way to go.


Truth.
m
0
l
February 3, 2012 3:52:59 PM

Crush3d said:
Truth.

Alienware has some neat cases with original looking concepts but my god are they overpriced LOL.
m
0
l
February 3, 2012 3:53:26 PM

Pretty much what I have found. Thanks folks
m
0
l
February 3, 2012 4:04:24 PM

Gordon Freeman said:
Alienware has some neat cases with original looking concepts but my god are they overpriced LOL.


They are shiny Dell computers. No thanks... >.<
m
0
l
February 3, 2012 4:04:42 PM

Prebuilts are worth it in terms of what else they come with, keyboard, mouse, monitor, OS, that can raise the price of DIY builds. They aren't worth it in terms of quality since they have to lower the price somehow and they usually end up skimping on critical components like the PSU. They buy in bulk but OEM Windows licenses and monitors still aren't free. They have still come a long way though considering in the old days they'd constantly use proprietary parts and upgrading with standard parts wasn't even an option.
m
0
l

Best solution

February 3, 2012 4:19:10 PM

nunyaabidniss said:
They are shiny Dell computers. No thanks... >.<

Alienware still has some great concepts they just get hampered and bashed from anything good they accomplish which they have many good things to point out but because they are stupid expensive shiny like you say and have lower grade hardware like Apple people tend to mitigate the good stuff of Alienware and I understand plus I would never buy an Aleinware with my cash LOL.
Share
February 10, 2012 12:11:11 AM

Best answer selected by nunyaabidniss.
m
0
l
!