Closed Solved

ATX Power brick?

Is there a device VERY similar to a laptop charger that can power regular desktop components. I want it to power a 6850 ONLY. Around 200W.
13 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about power brick
  1. This is the first thing that comes in mind http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104054
    There are other on the market as well.
  2. Best answer
  3. Hi :)

If your tower power supply cannot power a 6850, you are in REAL trouble and that thing wont help...

All the best Brett :)
  4. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

If your tower power supply cannot power a 6850, you are in REAL trouble and that thing wont help...

He's not using it for that purpose, but I'll let him explain why... (Something I didn't even know was possible, actually.)
  5. Brett928S2 said:

Yaea, I need the power brick for an external GPU solution for my laptop. I want to build an enclosure. And ATX PSU is too big.
  6. millions1030 said:
    Yaea, I need the power brick for an external GPU solution for my laptop. I want to build an enclosure. And ATX PSU is too big.

You ARE kidding right ??

I own a laptop repair company and although its THEORETICALLY possible, its would be a huge amount of work...and I doubt you will ever get it working...

7. Brett928S2 said:

You ARE kidding right ??

I own a laptop repair company and although its THEORETICALLY possible, its would be a huge amount of work...and I doubt you will ever get it working...

It's a PE4H. Passing PCI x16 to x1(Express Card) adapter. similar to a ViDock. It doesn't appear to be very hard. and My PC does appear to support it. I just wanted to know a good power solution. Thanks for the insight though.
  8. millions1030 said:
    It's a PE4H. Passing PCI x16 to x1(Express Card) adapter. similar to a ViDock. It doesn't appear to be very hard. and My PC does appear to support it. I just wanted to know a good power solution. Thanks for the insight though.

And the HD6850 will be bottlenecked drastically by the X1 interface!
  9. other ppl have used those nd 6970 and etc. what do u recoommend
  10. I belief what you are trying to do would be cheaper and better just to build a budget gaming desktop since the portability really goes out of laptops when all these external devices start getting connected to them!
  11. Best answer selected by millions1030.
  12. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Laptops ATX Devices Power Components Product