Non-working xflop 1.5 full circle at Game Show

Last response: in Video Games
August 31, 2005 4:08:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

First, the attendants lie about not being able to turn it on, then
admit it is just a mock-up. Micro$haft claims to have shipped thousands
of developer kits but they can't spare just one for a major Game Show?
See how much interest there is in the photo. This is really bizarre
where empty xlfop 1.5 full circle cases are all over the place and
people can handle the empty cases as much as they want but there still
hasn't been a public showing of one actually working. They have shown a
Ruby demo running but that can be run on almost any PC.

>From Games Market Europe

"Unfortunately, the assistants aren't allowed to turn the Xbox on,
which is a bit of a bummer since, well, I wanted to see it turned on
for real! However, they assure me that this machine is a real Xbox 360
and is powered by internal components. No more G5 powered Xbox 360s
from here on in. There's another close-up shot of the wireless
controller after the jump.

Update: Apparently the marketing booth shown at the show was not a
final model. The Xbox 360 wasn't real (or plugged in). However, the
controllers were real and they were wireless. The black cable you can
see going underneath is the power supply."

http://img.engadget.com/common/images/7153940062761473....
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 8:04:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

You'd think that 3 months from launch they'd at least have ONE piece of
final hardware that they can actually fire up and show us. Shouldn't
they be... I don't know... MANUFACTURING them by now? You know...
making chips & boards... putting them together... that kind of stuff?
How will they launch in November if they haven't even started making
them yet? This isn't the sort of thing where you can just push the on
button and the factory starts churning out 100,000 of these a day.

--
Bill Cable - Steelers Fan & Star Wars Collector
http://CreatureCantina.com <----- funny!

Blig Merk wrote:
> First, the attendants lie about not being able to turn it on, then
> admit it is just a mock-up. Micro$haft claims to have shipped thousands
> of developer kits but they can't spare just one for a major Game Show?
> See how much interest there is in the photo. This is really bizarre
> where empty xlfop 1.5 full circle cases are all over the place and
> people can handle the empty cases as much as they want but there still
> hasn't been a public showing of one actually working. They have shown a
> Ruby demo running but that can be run on almost any PC.
>
>>From Games Market Europe
>
> "Unfortunately, the assistants aren't allowed to turn the Xbox on,
> which is a bit of a bummer since, well, I wanted to see it turned on
> for real! However, they assure me that this machine is a real Xbox 360
> and is powered by internal components. No more G5 powered Xbox 360s
> from here on in. There's another close-up shot of the wireless
> controller after the jump.
>
> Update: Apparently the marketing booth shown at the show was not a
> final model. The Xbox 360 wasn't real (or plugged in). However, the
> controllers were real and they were wireless. The black cable you can
> see going underneath is the power supply."
>
> http://img.engadget.com/common/images/7153940062761473....

Reminds me of the Xbox launch
September 1, 2005 2:15:23 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

Blig Merk wrote:

<ker-SNIP>

House must almost be done, hey straw-grasping little piggy?

I ask you again, what are you going to do when the Xbox 360 launches in
November as planned, and all the consoles work as expected, and gamers go
home with their curvy little Xbox 360s and have FUN playing their new GAMES?
All this is going to happen, despite your hours upon hours scouring the
Internet looking for inconsequential hiccups that you twist to your own
ends.

Seriously, Bligmerk: What are you going to do then? Why do you keep dodging
this question, coward? Speaking of cowards, have you called Holley at work
yet? Of course not, you pathetic dweeb. Why don't you give me your phone
number and I'll give you a call instead?

> They have shown a Ruby demo running but that can be run on almost any
> PC.

And pre-rendered CGI can run on any DVD player, just like Sony's PS3 demos.

-Z-
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 11:33:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

You have to constantly change the subject because you know that Sony is
doing everything right and Micro$haft is doing everything wrong. This
is driving you crazier than you were and the tone of your responses
only demonstrate that more clearly. You aren't kooky, you are mentally
ill. You cannot directly address the situations because you have no
cogent responses, so you have to fall back to psychotic ramblings and
spewings. You are the new Teemonkey. No wonder you were that psycho
nutcase's apologist, you are just another version. It is appropriate
that the launch of the XFLop had Teemonkey and now, the launch of the
xflop 1.5 full circle has you to replace that fruitcake. Everything
comes full circle again.

Zackcrybabybitch wrote:
> Blig Merk wrote:
>
> <ker-SNIP>
>
> House must almost be done, hey straw-grasping little piggy?
>
> I ask you again, what are you going to do when the Xbox 360 launches in
> November as planned, and all the consoles work as expected, and gamers go
> home with their curvy little Xbox 360s and have FUN playing their new GAMES?
> All this is going to happen, despite your hours upon hours scouring the
> Internet looking for inconsequential hiccups that you twist to your own
> ends.
>
> Seriously, Bligmerk: What are you going to do then? Why do you keep dodging
> this question, coward? Speaking of cowards, have you called Holley at work
> yet? Of course not, you pathetic dweeb. Why don't you give me your phone
> number and I'll give you a call instead?
>
> > They have shown a Ruby demo running but that can be run on almost any
> > PC.
>
> And pre-rendered CGI can run on any DVD player, just like Sony's PS3 demos.
>
> -Z-
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 7:27:21 PM

KillzoneBigNuts2 wrote:

> Which all came true.

Yeah, five years later. But hey, if they can do something equal to the
Killzone 2 video on the PS3 even in 2011, it'll still be well worth owning
one.

Nobody's saying the PS2 doesn't have great games, especially now. All I'm
saying is their mastery of pre-launch hype and bullshit make the spin
doctors at Microsoft look like a bunch of rookies.

-Z-
September 1, 2005 11:43:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

I thought the 360 version was compatible with the others?

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/finalfantasy11/prev...

GS: Did you always see the game as cross-platform?

HT: [Yes,] XI was always intended as a cross-platform game.

GS: Once Square signed with Microsoft, why did you decide to make XI
the first game for it?

HT: The only game we had that was capable of being played on Windows
was FFXI, so of course that was the first game we wanted to release.
Obviously, new games will be developed for the 360, but those will take
time. We'd actually planned to release the game on the current Xbox,
but Xbox Live's closed system made it impossible.

- Jordan
September 2, 2005 6:27:23 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox (More info?)

You can't really compare the two. Games that require hundreds of megs
of RAM and gigs of HD space on the PC (Doom 3, GTA San Andreas,
Morrowind) run fine on the lowly little Xbox with it's tiny HD and 64
MB RAM.

- Jordan
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 9:06:13 PM

Jordan wrote:
> I thought the 360 version was compatible with the others?
>
> http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/finalfantasy11/prev...
>
> GS: Did you always see the game as cross-platform?
>
> HT: [Yes,] XI was always intended as a cross-platform game.
>
> GS: Once Square signed with Microsoft, why did you decide to make XI
> the first game for it?
>
> HT: The only game we had that was capable of being played on Windows
> was FFXI, so of course that was the first game we wanted to release.
> Obviously, new games will be developed for the 360, but those will take
> time. We'd actually planned to release the game on the current Xbox,
> but Xbox Live's closed system made it impossible.
>
> - Jordan

Yeah, not to mention FFXI takes up about 15-20GB on the HDD.
It sure as hell won't fit on 8GB of space on the Xflop.
!