Need graphic question help

GraphicsNoob007

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Hello,
I'm looking for an off-the-shelf laptop that will runs games well. Specifically I need to run UFO:AFtershock, which although not all that intensive, needs graphics capability that my current laptop Samsung RV510 cannot meet. What would be my most cost efficient solution ? New laptop, or card for this one ? Thanks in advance for any helpful answers.

r3ap3r911

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
or i know asus G73 laptops are pretty fast and play most games on high res and theyre well under $1000 by now...

Are you going to be mobile? If you want a gaming laptop those will cost around $1000+ Since I don't know the other games you want to play I can't really recomend you anything but a gaming desktop would be the option.

GraphicsNoob007

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2011
Thanks both you guys, do you know for certain whether either or both of these will run UFO:AFtershock ? CAn anyone else, maybe someone who plays this game on a laptop, tell me for certain a model that will run it ?

What is your budget? considering the system requirements are very very low to play the game do you plan on playing any other games? The amd apu laptops are very good in your scenario and are very cheap also.