James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'd like to change the welcome screen I don't use
passwords to logon on. I am the Admin. so how can i do
that I've used the "stardock" software. I didn't like it,
to long of a boot time and I really don't trust their
content. anyone help?

Hi

If you want to bypass the Welcome screen, try this:

From Start>Run type in

control userpasswords2

then uncheck 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this
computer' and click 'Apply'. On the next screen - 'Automatically Log On' -
delete the name 'Administrator' from the User name box and enter your
account name and then the password in the next two boxes. OK your way out
and then reboot your system.

Or you can use Tweak UI:

You can download TweakUI from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp and when
installed go to Programs>Powertoys for Windows XP>Tweak UI - then go to
Logon>Autologon.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User