I have a problem.. (Code 43?)

PhatPuff

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Hello!

I have just bought the GTX 590 from Zotac, which seems quite nice. My problem is that is just wont work.
I can see in "Device Manager" that the 2 GPU's shows up, but with an error saying:
"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Right now I'm running at a low resolution, because my NVIDIA Control Panel also seem to fail me, by saying: "NVIDIA Display setting are not available - You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU", which is clearly wrong.

What I've tried is:
- Formatted my PC totally, and re-installed Windows 7 once again.
- Installed the driver that I got from my package (from Zotac..)
- Didn't work, so I updateded it with a newer driver
- Didnt't work either, so I used "Driver Sweeper" to clean out everything after I uinstalled it with the Windows-uinstaller..
- I tried to install it again in "Safe mode", and so on, didn't work.
- I've installed DirectX, didn't work.
- Re-installing stuff over and over, updating chipset and BIOS.. Cleaning out, triying again.. But nothing works.

So I'm quite stuck here. I've checked all the cables, and they seem fine. The logo on the GTX590 is turned on and flashing a bright light, showing no indication of needed power. I have no clue what do .. Please help me!!

And by the way, I've received the graphic card the 3rd of December.

My system speccs:
- CPU: Intel QuadCore Q2300 ~ 2,5 GHz
- Ram: 8GB DDR-2 RAM (Corsair)
- PSU: XFX Black Edition @ 750W
- GPU: Zotac GTX 590
- MB: Gigabye P35-DS3 F13a (Socket 775, I think)

Here's my graphic card: - and the fan is spinning!

With blitz:
GqDd8VKd.jpg

Without blitz:
MeHD4r9B.jpg

PhatPuff

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Thanks for the reply, Sir.

But both of the links doesn't seem to have a solution.
The thread you posted from this forum doesn't even give an answer to the poster's question. Yes, I have done what it says in the 2nd post, but that didn't really help me out.

I'm wondering if the issue could be caused by an extension cord - because I've plugged my PSU main-cable into an extension cord. Could that potentially limit the power?

PhatPuff

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
Alright.. Changing from an extension cord to a direct "power-entrance" didn't help.

What I did, was:

- Ran the "Windows Memory Diagnostics" which returned an answer saying: "There's no problem with your memory".
- Ran a "full disk scan" which also seemed to be perfectly fine.
- Unintstalled the NVIDIA Drivers, and removed everything with the "Driver Sweeper", then I rebooted.
- Unplugged every kind of internet, which resulted in Windows installing its own drivers (a VGA one, and a "3D Video Controller")
- This resulted in another kind of error in the "Device Manager". Now I can only see one of my GPU's, and the other one just says "VGA Card" or something like that.
- I'm now quite stuck at this point.

but..
EDIT:
My situation right now:
Jszs5x9B.jpg

- Windows downloading/installing the drivers.

aaY55x9B.jpg

- When done, it says this. I've restarted now, and my device manager looks like this:

Device manager: (after Windows automatic update)
pQQh6x9B.jpg

Edit #2:
- I went into "Safe Mode" to uninstall and sweep the NVIDIA Drivers, and it went quite well. Then I re-installed the NVIDIA Drivers (from my manifacturer), and after all this: I restarted my PC and got back to the point where I started:
2H9aCx9B.jpg

I would like some help, please! I've had an ATi card before, and I totally formatted my PC before putting the new card into the PC.

PhatPuff

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011
It's weird, because I've installed all the latest updates. Even the Service Pack 1 - but it didn't work out :(.

I've tried everything. I've bought a new motherboard in case of that was the problem, I will return when I get it. (Tomorrow or something)

truttafisker

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2011

hi there .. did you find any solution to this .. i Have the exact same problem with my asus gtx 590 .. if install everything else than the 267.91 nvidia drivers i get the same problem as you .. but if i install the 267.91 drivers, then i can make everything run almost smooth .. except the computer gives me a black screen after 10 - 15 minutes .. it's like everything works but the video output drops..

did you find a solution ?!

best regards ?!

PhatPuff

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2011

Yes, I did find a solution, but it weren't a nice one.

First, I looked up on my motherboard, and found out it uses Socket 775, and the GTX590's runs best at anything above this. So I bought a new motherboard. When I received that, I found out that both my CPU and RAM were outdated for the Socket 1155/56, so I had to buy some new DDR-3 RAM and a new i5 2,9GHz core..
Then I formatted my PC, re-installed the drivers from my disk and installed the latest (BETA) drivers, and then everything worked without any problems.

I'm now running my PC at full-speed, playing Battlefield 3 at 1920x1080 with everything max'd out, flowing like a dream!
So.. Check up on your motherboard, and maybe you'll find out that it needs some kind of update.
For some, it helps updating the bios. But it's a quite shitty process you have to through, so .. I guess that if you have a motherboard with Socket 775, then update it for sure. I'm pretty sure that was my problem.