Mouse select problem

popelmon

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hello and sorry for the vague title but I really don't know how to describe my problem quickly.

My problem is that my keyboard somehow blocks my mouse from selecting text.
Example: I'm on http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/. I can select the URL to copy it or delete it or whatever. Now if I click somewhere else in the window and I press any key on the keyboard I can't select the URL (or any text for that matter) anymore. If I alt tab out of the browser and back in I can select things again until I use the keyboard again.

I noticed this behavior first in Diablo 3. In this game you can move around by just keeping your LMB clicked. Now if I use a skill with a keyboard shortcut this doesn't work anymore. I have to alt+tab out of the game and back in to get it working again but any new keyboard input leads to the problem again.

I run Windows 7 x64 and I use a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and a Logitech MX 518. I have reinstalled the drivers for both and I have tried a different keyboard and a different mouse: same problem.

So I guess it is some kind of driver conflict? I'm really at wit's end :( .

I have had simular issues when using USB input devices. Most often it happened when I had the devices plugged into adjacent ports. Try to isolate the USB's from each other - ie. plug one into the back of the computer, the other in the front, see if it helps.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
reinstall drivers or most likely you will need a new keyboard

try to borrow a keybaord and mouse from a friend to see if you get the same problem by swapping the problems hardware out one at a time

popelmon

Honorable
May 19, 2012

That was the first thing I did, nothing helped.