Sign in with
Your question

Buying a Graphics card/s to hook up 4 monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 4, 2011 9:35:18 PM

What is the best video card? I want to connect 4 monitors. also i have a 800w psu and a i7
a b U Graphics card
December 4, 2011 9:48:07 PM

cesrivera1 said:
What is the best video card? I want to connect 4 monitors. also i have a 800w psu and a i7
That's a more complicated question that you're providing information for. It depends on what you want to do with the video card. Do you play games? How much do you want to spend ($50 or $500)? What monitors do you have currently, or are you buying new ones (we need to know what inputs your monitors can use)? What CPU & motherboard do you have (use CPU-Z)? If it's Z68 motherboard with video out, then you can already use two video outs on the motherboard and get any video card. What country are you in? How and where do you plan to buy the video card?
m
l
Related resources
December 4, 2011 11:13:28 PM

also im in the usa ill buy from online or if best buy has in store
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2011 12:11:56 AM

Will you be playing games? If so, that's a solid choice that you just linked. It's a bit pricey, but takes care of everything for you in one convenient package. Besides, it may be cheaper once you factor in the price of display port adapters.

If you'll only be doing spreadsheets or watching TV, then you could go with dual cheap cards and it'll do the exact same thing. Does your motherboard have multiple full length PCI-e slots?

If all you want to accomplish is 4 displays, then the simplest possible thing is two of these: http://www.superbiiz.com/detail.php?name=AT-567_VGA&sho...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 2:07:34 AM

bump...Can anyone who knows more about eyefinity help us out? OP, I'll do some more research when I get a chance.

I haven't found anything indicating there's anything special about that 6970, but I need to do a bit of research.
m
l
December 6, 2011 3:24:33 PM

did you find anything to answer to my question
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 6, 2011 3:30:59 PM

dalauder said:
bump...Can anyone who knows more about eyefinity help us out? OP, I'll do some more research when I get a chance.

I haven't found anything indicating there's anything special about that 6970, but I need to do a bit of research.

Don't...
Bump posts

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/283384-33-read-first

This applies to other peoples threads as well.
m
l
!