The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142).click OK to close the

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharuk aziz

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142) Click on OK to terminate the application.

The only option is to click ok. I am deathly afraid to turn off my computer because my brother recently did and that caused it to freeze at the blue HP startup screen, but thats another thread. I get this error whenever I launch anything. I can't even open up the task manager. I really need help. I don't currently have a way to back up my stuff either but I am working on it. By the way, I don't know that my brother was having the same error message as i was or if he was having any error messages. I use zone alarm full security suite if that helps at all, I don't know if it deleted a registry file or something. I can't tell you all how much I would appreciate your help, I ave three gigabytes of photos on that computer that are irreplaceable. I will be sure to back them up somehow though. Thanks in advance.

xcomvic

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Try This:

To help resolve this issue, use the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe) to determine which file is causing the issue, and then replace the file. To do this, follow these steps:
Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run As Administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
Type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow (yes there is a space after sfc) The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

signor

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2010
Try going into command prompt (start->run->cmd)
Type:
sfc /scannow

See if that helps resolve your issue.

Also is this windows 7/xp/?

When does the issue usually occur, opening a specific program or all or after a specific amount of time?

Edit: Apologies xcomvic I must have been typing mine as you had just posted your :)

vinoth6664

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012

i did the above steps.
but scan stops at 10% completion
and shows the message"WINDOWS RESOURCE PROTECTION COULD NOT PERFORM THE REQUESTED OPERATION"
Kindly please guide me to solve this issue.

donald_50

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

I have also tried the sfc /scan now, however mine was successfully scanned but did not fix the issue. tried to re-install windows home premium and it still has the same erroe message Winpesi.exe application error this is the 3rd thing from this site i have tried and doesnt work, anyone have usefull information? the scan detected corrupted files and successfully repaired them but still wont work. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.