PC 5-10 seconds freezes when loading certain apps.

Qcio

Honorable
May 19, 2012
First of all, I apologize if I ask in the wrong section.

Hello, for God knows how long my PC freezes when loading certain applications such as Origin, CorelDraw X5 or high quality videos. My mouse freezes and I can't do anything, after 5-10 seconds it unlocks and nothing else happens and I'm free to do anything. I remember that a few months ago it wouldn't unlock and I would have to reset my pc, but I don't have this problem for a very long time.

I think it's important to say that it happens only once, that is if I launch Origin first, then CorelDraw won't freeze.

rinval

Honorable
May 17, 2012

This is perticularly odd as it only happens once. i would state that it would almost have to be software related. i would run Antivirus, antimalware and antispyware to make sure your system is clean.

next i would update you OS to the latest updates as well as update any driver you can.

it could also be the signs of a failing HDD. i would see about running some testing tools on your brand to make sure the HDD is ok.

one last thing to check is get something like HWmonitor and make sure nothing is crazy hot. 65ish celcius is generally the ceiling except on GPUs.