Hardcore gaming

Need sugestion on CPU cooler!
Playing 8 hours in a row maybe 15hours sometimes. Will i5 2500 stock cooler be enough to handle it and dont get wery hot or i should buy an aftermarket cpu cooler? With Gtx 560 ti.
5 answers Last reply
More about hardcore gaming
  1. I have the same configuration you speak of (only i7 instead) and in my small form factor case the fans get awfully loud on warmer days while playing games. But surely if you have a larger case with decent airflow, the stock cooler will be adequate.
  2. no the stock cooler will not keep up with hard core gaming..it more for web surfing and light gaming..under heavy load you can get real high temps with a stock fan. you want to use a cooler like this as a min.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103065
    if your going to beat on the system look into a h80 sealed water system. it have better cooling then air system and less noise..you just have to by a case that made for the rad and cooling set up.
  3. Prolimatech Genesis..
    Bigger appears to be better if the Genesis air cooler is anything to go by. Taking on the likes of the V10 and the Gaia, this twin-heatsink air cooler uses six fat 8mm heat pipes that elegantly coil their way off to the twin sets of heatsinks.
    Its unloaded performance matched that of the equally impressive Armageddon. The performance is the one thing to take away; it's excellent.
    High clearance for better motherboard compatibility.Massive cooling range; cools not only CPU but also MOSFET and RAM.Cooler surrounding temperature allowing more stable environment for higher overclock.Takes both 12 and 14cm fans for a maximum installation of 3 fans.Six high quality heatpipes for effective heat transfer.Light weight at 800 kgs (without fans) in the highend class.Intel and AMD platform supported. All mounting hardwares are included.
  4. I'd say the stock cooler is fine for gaming, I don't know what everyone is complaining about personally! with my i5 2500k and prime 95 running (a stress testing program, which makes the CPU give out more heat and consumes more energy than real world scenarios, such as gaming) I get temps in the 70-75 range, which I think is perfectly acceptable considering the thing will start throttling itself to prevent overheating in the 90s. even the most intense games will cause much less heat than that, so 50s-60s in my case. As long as you have fitted the stock cooler fine then I wouldn't worry IMO.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Gaming Cooling Product