Sign in with
Your question

Eyefinity Screen Tearing Flex 6950

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 5, 2011 4:51:02 AM

Specs: Saphire Flex Edition 6950 running eyefinity at 5760x1080.

I am getting screen tearing at all times on at least one of my monitors. It seems to be the monitor that is plugged into the bottom DVI port on the card, this is the SL- DVI port. If i set this monitor to preferred in the CCC, I will get screen tearing on the other two monitors.

Now, you may think that this is the generic screen tearing that happens in eyefinity when using mixed adapters, but I got the Flex edition so that all the monitors could be connected through DVI.

You can even see in this video, the guy is using my same card and same cable connection and gets no screen tearing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7_Jts9pf-o

I have not overclocked anything, and as far as I can tell this has to be some sort of software/driver/setting issue. The fact that others can get it working perfectly with no screen tearing should mean that I can get this fixed.

Im on the latest catalyst drivers 11.11, the monitors max is 75hz but eyefinity is locked at 60hz(shouldnt be an issue right?) I am also using all Single Link-DVI cables(also not an issue right?)

I just bought this setup and cannot stand the idea of my games being forever flawed with the screen tearing. Ive asked for help on many forums but cannot seem to find a solution. I'll be happy to pay to whoever can get this fixed, thanks.
a c 143 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 5, 2011 7:04:42 AM

What games do you play ? what's your total system specs ?
Did you enable V.Sync ?
What do you mean by
Quote:
but I got the Flex edition so that all the monitors could be connected through DVI.

You do have 3 monitors, 2 VIA DVI and the third via Active DP Adapter ?
m
l
December 5, 2011 6:51:18 PM

ilysaml said:
What games do you play ? what's your total system specs ?
Did you enable V.Sync ?
What do you mean by
Quote:
but I got the Flex edition so that all the monitors could be connected through DVI.

You do have 3 monitors, 2 VIA DVI and the third via Active DP Adapter ?

Skyrim mostly. Any games it will happen in, it is even happening on my desktop. It happens everywhere like I said.

No. All are connected through DVI. Heres the card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 5, 2011 8:32:50 PM

No need to pay anybody here anything, unless your buying/selling. This forum is here for free and good (usually) advice.

1)By any chance have you downloaded the 11.11C display drivers? I heard it helps with games like SKYRIM (BTW I have this game - beautiful game and awesome) and i think some other issues.

2) Is Catalyst AI disabled or enabled? Try switching it to the other if its enabled or disabled and try again.

3) Apparently displaying the video via different connections can cause screen tearing:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1596065

4) How exactly do you hook up your screens again?

from gpu to your screen

SL DV --> DVI ?

DL DV -> DVI?

HDMI->DVI adapter ->DVI?

(sorry i can't see the video)

How are you connecting the 3rd screen?
m
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 6, 2011 2:12:07 AM

@OP
How all the monitors are connected to the 2 x DVI ? For Eyefinity to work you MUST have a third monitor that contains a native DisplayPort or an Active DP to DVI/HDMI Adapter.
m
l
December 7, 2011 1:03:42 AM

Yeah I have the latest drivers. What is Catalyst AI? what does the AI stand for? I have figited with just about every setting in the CCC.

My screens are all DVI. They are connected all through SL-DVI cables

1. DL - DVI output to SL Cable to monitor
2. SL-DVI Output to SL Cable to monitor
3. HDMI Output to DVI adapter to Monitor

I can do this because I bought a Flex version of the card. From what I understand, there is just an onboard DP adapter. It shows one of the monitors as DP in the CCC, even though all are connected through DVI. So this may actually be the typical screen tearing problem. But How is everyone else who uses eyefinity and any 6950 fixing the screen tearing then?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
l
a c 143 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
December 7, 2011 2:03:40 AM

Well, can't confirm a normal solution for your problem, but you can buy an Active DP to DVI adapter and give it a try.

And i thought it usually comes with Sapphire products.
m
l
!