Can I add a a second ati 6950 2gb on this pc?

Hi, I am in the market for a new pc and was wondering if i could add another ati 6950 2gb to this setup? http://www.centrecom.com.au/catalog/dark-phoenix-fx8120-6950-120gb-bonus-monitor-p-54815.html?sort=2a
10 answers Last reply
More about 6950
  1. I think you'd better ask centrecom, they build it. It's nowhere in the specs on that link, so . . .
  2. Yes. Take care on how much you overclock.
  3. Ok, did i miss something in the specs than or you just know ?
  4. GreenDutchAlien said:
    I think you'd better ask centrecom, they build it. It's nowhere in the specs on that link, so . . .

Hello again robjordy, so you think I should contact centrecom? I was reading on the web that the gtx 560 oc's did not have enough vram. For battlefielda 3 so I am looking at this. It will work out cheaper if I can squeeze a 6950a 2gb in the antec 300 case as I have read there is 11' of gpu space and the 6950 is 10.75'
  5. Seems OK but 6950 2GB are pretty big CMIIW. Check your empty space on your PCIE.
  6. Ha Hamish.

@ Refillable ; he still has to order so he can't have a look.

The thing is ; i can't find in the specs from centrecom if the mobo is cfx ready, if it has two pci-e x16 slots.

The op wants to use 2 6950's, one is allready in, if a second one is possible i can't find.
  7. I dont own this computer, I am just wondering if 2 6950 2gbs would go on the motherboard and fit in the antec 300 case with 2 hdds and 1 ssd.
  8. GreenDutchAlien said:
    Ha Hamish.

The thing is ; i can't find in the specs from centrecom if the mobo is cfx ready, if it has two pci-e x16 slots.

The op wants to use 2 6950's, one is allready in, if a second one is possible i can't find.

I think I will email centrecom and see if it will fit.
  9. GreenDutchAlien said:
    Ha Hamish.

I just googled the 970a mono and I think, (think) that it supports 1 card only.
  10. Oh sorry I don't know. If you don't have the computer yet, I suggest you should build a your own system.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards ATI Graphics