A very frustrating problem!!!PLS HELP

artix

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009
Hello i have very frustrating problem with my PC , I don't know the cause of it and it`s killing me day by day....because i'm unable to fix it.I will try to describe my problem hoping that someone can help me with this issue.
##############################
My PC specs :
CPU : i7 980x
MB: Gigabyte G1 Assassin
GPU: Gainward GTX590
RAM: KingSton HyperX cl8 1600Mhz - 12 Gb
SSD: KingSton HyperX 128Gb ( sATA3 )
2xHDD Seagata pipeline 2x1 TB ( i use them for storage )
Case: Antec twelve hundred
PSU : Corsair 1000W
###############################
My Problem :
For some time i have noticed that when i listen to music on youtube , or watch a movie on my pc ( any format ) some times for a short period like 1-4 sec/s my PC lags (trembles don`t know if this is the right term ) but i lags short and then it goes back to normal......and when it does ..the movies/video are distorted....the whole system lags ... :( and i have no clue on how to fix it because i don`t know what is cousin it , i don`t remember this to happen in games....,and yes when that happens the spiking i can see in task manager that my CPU usage jumps to 50-80% in the blink of an eye and returns to normal...it does that every time the spiking/lags appears ......and it`s just killing me...it make me sell my PC......
###################################
What I have tried and done so far:
Ok ..so...hear me out:
1. I have original windows 7 ultimate x64
2. I have already reinstalled my windows about 4 times and done this.
2a- Fresh install updated all the drivers from vendor website etc etc updated windows... ( my system is not in OC ) ..spiking occurred :(
2b- Fresh install the install the drivers from vendor ( old drivers , 1st release ) spiking occurred :(
2c Updated BIOS , fresh install...updated drivers ..etc etc spiking occurred :(
3. My system temperature is very low because i use water cooling , my cpu nerver reaches high temperatures , always below 35 and max 46 in full load.
4. I have not overclocked my system , and when i have done it ..was just for benchmarking and for a shot period ( i know how to perform safe an stable OC ..etc )
5. I have updated the ssd firmware since it was necessary for my model.
6.I have UPS 2000VA .....my system is always protected from high voltage and etc.
7.I don`t get blue screens ( i have BlueScreenView installed in case do..so i will know why )
8. I have done many test to my system :
8a - MemTest (in dos mode ) TEST OK
8b- CPU test with ( prime95 full load ) 2 days in test - TEST OK
8c- CPU test with Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool - TEST OK
8d- GPU tested with many - TEST OK
8e SSD with a tool from KingSton - TEST OK.......
9. All the software and games from my PC are original , i don`t use warez/pirated programs ore cracks.
10. Antivirus is use McAfee total protection 2012
11. I DON`T KNOW IS MY PROBLEM AND IT`S KILLING ME....
12. ACHI enable from bios and 64 bit mode , i have tried the IDE mode , but the spiking is still there.....
13. Sorry for my bad english ...
###################################
What i Suspect :
1. The SSD
2. The Power Supply
3. MotherBoard (not very sure )
I have tried taking my PC to a IT shop...turns out i have more info and knowledge then the guy there...and i can`t send anything for warranty because...i don`t know what ... #^T%$ it`s wrong.
########################################
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ?
I cannot figure out what is the problem..and i don't think straight when i'm mad.......

Regards,
Artix

dummos

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2011
to be honest there are many horro stories about sandforce based SSD's if i was you i would unplug it and install windows on one of your HDD's then try playing music and see if the problem still occurs.
corsair usually make a decent PSU so unless it's a hand me down from an old build you would be unlucky if it was the problem
what sound device are you using? eg speakers? if so try plugging in a usb headset and see if it's any different
if by any chance you are running sound and video through the same cable eg. hdmi to a tv i would suggest trying a normal dvi cable. try these and see how you go.

1. I have original windows 7 ultimate x64
2. I have already reinstalled my windows about 4 times and done this.

Are you saying you never upgrade to service pack 1? If so you may be getting lag from kernel traps. These kernel traps can blue screen some games and cause many other problems. Some programs no longer support windows 7 original.
http://windows.microsoft.com/installwindows7sp1

10. Antivirus is use McAfee total protection 2012
McAfee is a bit of a resource hog so try something else for a while like avast or avg. IE test to see if your anti-virus is the problem.

Lastly make sure you have the right things to watch and hear music. Codecs are important so get the latest klite codec pack. I suggest the full version and install everything. Also for youtube the latest flash player is very important.
http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Lastly I do suggest running a deep scan with advanced systems care. This will close most all security holes and optimize your system.
http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

artix

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Hello , thanks for you reply.
1. I will try to install my windows on a HDD and see how it will go.
2. Sound I have a 2.1 system and i have headsets Logitech g930 , the problem is there.....
3. If it was the PSU i think i would have to get more errors in games, in windows ....blue screens..etc... don`t know...i hate it man..and it`s very annoying and disappointing :(

artix

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Sorry , I expressed wrong, I always upgrade my windows , I`m up-to-date.
1.With or without antivirus i have the spikes.
2.Resources I have plenty to offer , I don`t think the AntiVirus is the problem, because even without him..i have the spikes
3.I have flash player updated ....codecs etc , the spikes sometimes appeared when i was working on some websites..... don`t know man...this is so....i want to p...s in the PC.... :cry:
5.I will try the iobit software ......thanks for advice

I think it`s the SSD ....some sort or read/write error when the spike appeared..do not know what to think......

Looks like you must have a hardware issue. I suggest as dummos to pulling your SSD and install to HD and try testing. If that doesn't help move on to another piece of hardware. If you have an old GPU you could test without the GTX590. All you can do is try to find which part is causing the spike. process of elimination.

artix

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

That is what i`m doing right now ....hope i will manage to resolve this issues.... it`s killing me....

artix

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2009

Before the firmware update for my ssd , i had problems with him ( bizar crashes ) ( http://www.kingston.com/us/support/technical/downloads?product=sh100s3&filename=SH100S3120G_332 ) and I have Fixed all my problems . The spiking was before this ssd , i had an corsair extreme ssd 64 Gb / sATA 2.....in event viewer nothing strange... i will install now my system on a HDD and see how that will work for me..... if this is the probleme ( my ssd ) i don`t know if i will be able to get warranty ... :(

You may be able to use it as a cache drive. Many software caching programs exist for the ssd. This could work better for you than running the OS and a small number of programs. If im not mistaken the kingston hyper x comes with dataplex caching software in the mini tools kit. Could test it as a cache only drive as it could be a work around for this bug.