Customizing Windows Explorer view

Hi,

I am using Windows XP and would like to customize the
default view that Windows Explorer opens up to.

I would like the Explorer bar on the left with Folder
view to be the default and would also like it to default
to a certain folder...is this possible?

Whenever I set the view I want I try making it the
default by applying it to all folders in the Options
menu. But when I close and reopen Windows Explorer it
goes back to the default view prior to my changes.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about customizing windows explorer view

    "Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I am using Windows XP and would like to customize the
    >default view that Windows Explorer opens up to.
    >
    >I would like the Explorer bar on the left with Folder
    >view to be the default and would also like it to default
    >to a certain folder...is this possible?

    Create a new shortcut for EXPLORER.EXE that does what you want. This
    text will help you: "Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314853).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Default Windows Explorer Customization Windows XP