Customizing Windows Explorer view

September 20, 2004 12:50:24 PM

Hi,

I am using Windows XP and would like to customize the
default view that Windows Explorer opens up to.

I would like the Explorer bar on the left with Folder
view to be the default and would also like it to default
to a certain folder...is this possible?

Whenever I set the view I want I try making it the
default by applying it to all folders in the Options
menu. But when I close and reopen Windows Explorer it
goes back to the default view prior to my changes.

Any help would be appreciated...Thanks!
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 11:02:31 PM

"Kenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am using Windows XP and would like to customize the
>default view that Windows Explorer opens up to.
>
>I would like the Explorer bar on the left with Folder
>view to be the default and would also like it to default
>to a certain folder...is this possible?

Create a new shortcut for EXPLORER.EXE that does what you want. This
text will help you: "Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314853).

--
(tm)
!