Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Current system question

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 4, 2012 2:17:45 PM

Hello i recently built a mid end gaming pc, although when im playing games it seems to feel like a low end. i dealt with the low fps and lag for awhile a now im sick of it this is why ive came here. Could you guys please suggest possible upgrades or reasons why my games my be running at low fps because im really confused.

Motherboard - Asus M4A88T-M AMD 880G (Socket AM3) PCI-Express DDR3 Motherboard

PSU - Be Quiet! Straight Power E7 600W Power Supply

Video card - XFX ATI Radeon HD 6850 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Prosessor - AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 965 Black Edition "125W Edition" 3.40GHz (Socket AM3)

RAM - Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 PC3-10666C9 1333MHz Dual Channel Kit (KHX1333C9D3B1K2/8G)

Hardrive - Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM (HD502HJ)

Thanks for any input it will be greatly appreciated.

More about : current system question

February 4, 2012 2:23:05 PM

What are the game titles, gaming quality and resolutions that you are using? Make sure you have the latest graphics and mobo drivers and all your system software is updated w/o viruses.
m
l
February 4, 2012 2:32:46 PM

World of warcraft wont even run well on high on 1280 x 1024 which makes me wonder whats wrong since i could play bf3 on med with 70fps - 80 fps
m
l
Related resources
February 4, 2012 2:34:34 PM

Then it's prolly a server connection issue with WOW, especially if you are in crowded settings. That's just the way it is with these types of games, especially if you have slow internet connection. You should also run at most medium settings with your graphics card.
m
l
February 4, 2012 2:39:08 PM

One more newb question, to update my bios does that require me to do a full system reformat, or is it just a install this restart and its all sorted.
m
l
February 4, 2012 2:43:46 PM

two ways you can do that depending on the mobo firmware installer options. You can do it while the system is running and then restart. Or you can load the right files onto a bootable flash drive and boot your system from it. Then you'll prolly need to change your bios settings after it might have been reset.
m
l
February 4, 2012 3:50:46 PM

Your rig should be able to max wow easy.
m
l
February 4, 2012 4:38:02 PM

yeah so you guys think its more driver based that hardware problems.
m
l
February 4, 2012 10:26:08 PM

It could be a combination. Your video card is only mid range at best.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 5, 2012 4:05:16 AM

That system should be able to run WOW without any problems. I would suggest you check not only your FPS but your Network latency. While in WOW, mouse over the Game menu icon but dont click on it. Check the latency values that appear on the popup. If they are listed in red then that is the problem.

Also, try setting your graphics options in WOW to Good. This is the medium graphics setting.

High latency is usually caused by a problem with your internet connection. It can also cause jumpy game play and intermittent disconnects. Are you having any problems with disconnects? Which type of internet connection are you using and what speed is it, DSL, cable, Wireless(using a dish on your house)? Most DSL and Cable internet systems are plenty fast for WOW but Wireless often is not.
m
l
February 5, 2012 10:37:56 PM

Its not ping based i always have below 30ms world and home
m
l