Ivy Bridge or Sand bridge? confusion

Hi,IB is out but i also heard some downsides like heat and no real life use of pci e 3.2500k for $205 is a great deal right now on newegg.is IB really worth spending extra bucks?
please share your opinions.

the heat is not actually that much of a problem unless you are extreme overclocking >4.4
There only few real life uses of pci-e 3, however my personal feel is that the next gen higher end cards will need pci-e3. So how long do you want your platform to last for. I expect mine to last for 4+ years and certainly let me run a GTX770, HD89XX
I'd go for IVB as then you won't need to (because you won't be able to) upgrade your chip until haswell.

unless bandwidth more than doubles there is no need for 3.0 yet... there isnt a single setup that will choke a 2.0 interface. even quad 680's wont. it will get close but wont go over... the 780 will push 2.0 to its max from what i have seen but again not untill 4 cards are used.
they should have held off another 2 years to enable cpu's to catch up because atm that will be the limiting factor for quad sli setups not the pci-e bandwidth.
the 2500k is a better bang for buck cpu if you max overclock but the ivy is generally faster clock for clock and can be had cheaper... so as long as you dont power oc, it is the better cpu for the money.