Mr

what kind of program is this? Is it bad I noticed it there all of a sudden
on my c drive. I did a google search but it confuses me when it says hijack
this and another says modem. thanks for your help

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/bcmsmmsg/

"MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> what kind of program is this? Is it bad I noticed it there all of a sudden
> on my c drive. I did a google search but it confuses me when it says
hijack
> this and another says modem. thanks for your help

Do you use dialup?
Do you have a BCM voice modem?
http://www.broadcom.com/

bcmsmmsg - bcmsmmsg.exe - Process Information
Process File: bcmsmmsg or bcmsmmsg.exe
Process Name: BCMSMMSG

BCMSMMsg.exe is a vital component of the BCM voice modem drivers. This
process is needed to ensure that your BCM modem works properly.

Author: Broadcom Corporation.
Part Of: BCM voice modem drivers
http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/bcmsmmsg/

File bcmsmmsg.exe is related to background task, functioning as a modem's
driver. It is required by many Broadcom modems to work properly. If you will
terminate it manually, you will not be able to use your modem.
http://www.2-spyware.com/edit-file-bcmsmmsg-exe.html

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%235fLVVznEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
MR <mr@mr.com> hunted and pecked:
> what kind of program is this? Is it bad I noticed it there all of a
> sudden on my c drive. I did a google search but it confuses me when
> it says hijack this and another says modem. thanks for your help

Mr

I have dial up, yes- But Im not sure I have voice modem-Actually, I NEED
voice modem to have a program work (phone tray) because it uses voice modem-
As a result, I havenet been able to make that program work the way it could
(to zap telemarkerter calls by using the voice modem on the pc). I did this
check thing and a voice modem is not listed as my modems. So, being that,
what does this mean???
> Do you use dialup?
> Do you have a BCM voice modem?
> http://www.broadcom.com/
>
> bcmsmmsg - bcmsmmsg.exe - Process Information
> Process File: bcmsmmsg or bcmsmmsg.exe
> Process Name: BCMSMMSG

> BCMSMMsg.exe is a vital component of the BCM voice modem drivers. This
> process is needed to ensure that your BCM modem works properly.
>
> Author: Broadcom Corporation.
> Part Of: BCM voice modem drivers
> http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/bcmsmmsg/
>
> File bcmsmmsg.exe is related to background task, functioning as a modem's
> driver. It is required by many Broadcom modems to work properly. If you
will
> terminate it manually, you will not be able to use your modem.
> http://www.2-spyware.com/edit-file-bcmsmmsg-exe.html
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:%235fLVVznEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> MR <mr@mr.com> hunted and pecked:
> > what kind of program is this? Is it bad I noticed it there all of a
> > sudden on my c drive. I did a google search but it confuses me when
> > it says hijack this and another says modem. thanks for your help

Mr

I have dial up, yes- But Im not sure I have voice modem-Actually, I NEED
voice modem to have a program work (phone tray) because it uses voice modem-
As a result, I havenet been able to make that program work the way it could
(to zap telemarkerter calls by using the voice modem on the pc). I did this
check thing and a voice modem is not listed as my modems. So, being that,
what does this mean???
> Do you use dialup?
> Do you have a BCM voice modem?
> http://www.broadcom.com/
>
> bcmsmmsg - bcmsmmsg.exe - Process Information
> Process File: bcmsmmsg or bcmsmmsg.exe
> Process Name: BCMSMMSG

> BCMSMMsg.exe is a vital component of the BCM voice modem drivers. This
> process is needed to ensure that your BCM modem works properly.
>
> Author: Broadcom Corporation.
> Part Of: BCM voice modem drivers
> http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/bcmsmmsg/
>
> File bcmsmmsg.exe is related to background task, functioning as a modem's
> driver. It is required by many Broadcom modems to work properly. If you
will
> terminate it manually, you will not be able to use your modem.
> http://www.2-spyware.com/edit-file-bcmsmmsg-exe.html
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:%235fLVVznEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
> MR <mr@mr.com> hunted and pecked:
> > what kind of program is this? Is it bad I noticed it there all of a
> > sudden on my c drive. I did a google search but it confuses me when
> > it says hijack this and another says modem. thanks for your help

Start | Run | Type: telephon.cpl | OK |
Look around and see if you have a BCM brand modem.
If yes, you probably need bcmsmmsg.exe for your modem to work.
RTFM.

Or look in the Device Manager...
Start | Run | Type: devmgmt.msc | OK |
It should be listed under Modems.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:%23d4upT4nEHA.744@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
MR <mr@mr.com> hunted and pecked:
> I have dial up, yes- But Im not sure I have voice modem-Actually, I
> NEED voice modem to have a program work (phone tray) because it uses
> voice modem- As a result, I havenet been able to make that program
> work the way it could (to zap telemarkerter calls by using the voice
> modem on the pc). I did this check thing and a voice modem is not
> listed as my modems. So, being that, what does this mean???
>> Do you use dialup?
>> Do you have a BCM voice modem?
>> http://www.broadcom.com/
>>
>> bcmsmmsg - bcmsmmsg.exe - Process Information
>> Process File: bcmsmmsg or bcmsmmsg.exe
>> Process Name: BCMSMMSG

>> BCMSMMsg.exe is a vital component of the BCM voice modem drivers.
>> This process is needed to ensure that your BCM modem works properly.
>>
>> Author: Broadcom Corporation.
>> Part Of: BCM voice modem drivers
>> http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/bcmsmmsg/
>>
>> File bcmsmmsg.exe is related to background task, functioning as a
>> modem's driver. It is required by many Broadcom modems to work
>> properly. If you will terminate it manually, you will not be able to
>> use your modem. http://www.2-spyware.com/edit-file-bcmsmmsg-exe.html
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>
>> In news:%235fLVVznEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
>> MR <mr@mr.com> hunted and pecked:
>>> what kind of program is this? Is it bad I noticed it there all of a
>>> sudden on my c drive. I did a google search but it confuses me when
>>> it says hijack this and another says modem. thanks for your help

Mr

thanks wesley- I did what you said- Yes I have BCM V92 56K modem (com 3 on
the phone & modem options)-I use dial up-So why is it that this caller ID
program (phone tray) is not working?? According to their program settings,
it says "no' as being voice ready- So I guess that is why when someone calls
(telelmarketer for exam), the voice does not zap the call with the
prerecorded message-I tried getting support for this & so far no luck-So ,
then what does having bcmsmmg.exe (its a text doc)mean??
T I A
> Start | Run | Type: telephon.cpl | OK |
> Look around and see if you have a BCM brand modem.
> If yes, you probably need bcmsmmsg.exe for your modem to work.
> RTFM.
>
> Or look in the Device Manager...
> Start | Run | Type: devmgmt.msc | OK |
> It should be listed under Modems.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:%23d4upT4nEHA.744@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> MR <mr@mr.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I have dial up, yes- But Im not sure I have voice modem-Actually, I
> > NEED voice modem to have a program work (phone tray) because it uses
> > voice modem- As a result, I havenet been able to make that program
> > work the way it could (to zap telemarkerter calls by using the voice
> > modem on the pc). I did this check thing and a voice modem is not
> > listed as my modems. So, being that, what does this mean???
> > "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Do you use dialup?
> >> Do you have a BCM voice modem?
> >> http://www.broadcom.com/
> >>
> >> bcmsmmsg - bcmsmmsg.exe - Process Information
> >> Process File: bcmsmmsg or bcmsmmsg.exe
> >> Process Name: BCMSMMSG

> >> BCMSMMsg.exe is a vital component of the BCM voice modem drivers.
> >> This process is needed to ensure that your BCM modem works properly.
> >>
> >> Author: Broadcom Corporation.
> >> Part Of: BCM voice modem drivers

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintaskspro/processlibrary/bcmsmmsg/

> >> File bcmsmmsg.exe is related to background task, functioning as a
> >> modem's driver. It is required by many Broadcom modems to work
> >> properly. If you will terminate it manually, you will not be able to
> >> use your modem. http://www.2-spyware.com/edit-file-bcmsmmsg-exe.html
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >> Wes