Customize Install

September 20, 2004 3:03:20 PM

I've been using a program called nlite to slipstream in service pack 2 and
remove all of the stupid features xp has (such as the firewall that doesn't
work, etc.) so after removing all of the pointless stuff I've got a pretty
small install...I also added drivers for my laptop and, but some of these
drivers actually have install programs that come with them (wireless config,
video config, etc.) is there a way to slipstream these kinds of things in
(using any program) without imaging.

More about : customize install

September 23, 2004 1:08:41 PM

And the lack of response from anyone is....why linux is so much better, need
I say more. Time to complete the switch...
"Tim" <tjacobson> wrote in message
> I've been using a program called nlite to slipstream in service pack 2 and
> remove all of the stupid features xp has (such as the firewall that
> doesn't work, etc.) so after removing all of the pointless stuff I've got
> a pretty small install...I also added drivers for my laptop and, but some
> of these drivers actually have install programs that come with them
> (wireless config, video config, etc.) is there a way to slipstream these
> kinds of things in (using any program) without imaging.

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 4:20:44 PM

Tim wrote:
> And the lack of response from anyone is....why linux is so much
> better, need I say more. Time to complete the switch...

The lack of response has nothing to do with being Linux or Windows people.
The lack of response is probably due to a number of factors. One of which
would be the initial and later attitudes of the OP, another could be that
anyone doing such a thing as the OP is (slipstreaming and customizing the XP
install) can surely use Google and other search engines to help them along.
They must surely know of sites like unattended.sourceforge.net and
unattended.msfn.org and appdeploy.com and the likes that center around such
endeavors, where this is not a "setup" newsgroup.. Although there is one
for Windows XP.

--
<- Shenan ->