Sign in with
Your question

Intel turbo boost not working

Last response: in CPUs
May 20, 2012 5:09:57 PM

Hey! I have the Asus X93SM-YZ145V 18,4" (GT630M/i5 2450m 2,5Ghz) and the feature of Turbo boost wont work anymore. It used to clock itself to 2,9-3,1Ghz when i played BF3 but now when i play it or any other game i play it just stays at 2,5Ghz and i dont know why. I tried to google this if anyone has had the same problem but i had no results. HELP! D:
May 20, 2012 8:32:39 PM

I would look around in the BIOS to see if there is an option available to you to turn it back on, that is if it has been turned off. Otherwise I'm clueless.
a c 93 à CPUs
May 21, 2012 4:13:13 AM

Check your CPU temps as well with HWMonitor or some other temperature monitoring software. Turbo Boost will look at temperatures to determine if it is safe to increase the clock speed above stock. If your laptop fans are clogged with dust or something like that, they won't be cooling as efficiently, and the CPU won't clock itself higher if the temps are too high.
Related resources
May 21, 2012 10:52:01 AM

Supernova1138 said:
Check your CPU temps as well with HWMonitor or some other temperature monitoring software. Turbo Boost will look at temperatures to determine if it is safe to increase the clock speed above stock. If your laptop fans are clogged with dust or something like that, they won't be cooling as efficiently, and the CPU won't clock itself higher if the temps are too high.

ALright so i had the temp on while playing this and that and the max temp well atleast what the HWmonitor recorded was 99c

99c while playing KOS
79-85c while playing GTA/Hitman: Blood money/Skyrim
after closing the games i checked how fast the temp goes down and it was about 10c-15c/min
a c 93 à CPUs
May 21, 2012 4:55:34 PM

yeah, your CPU is running very hot while under load, running pretty much at the thermal limit where it starts to throttle back performance to protect itself from damage. Check your fans and air intakes and make sure they aren't clogged with dust. Also make sure the fans are working, because even for a laptop those temps are too hot.
!