Solved

+12 v problem

Hello,
i have an antec ea 500d psu.
it has max 44amps on +12v rail.
my rig is i3 540 @ 3.06 no OC
gpu gtx 560 ti no OC.
in HW monitor and intel desktop utilities it shows around +11.87v when idle.and while gaming(when gpu usage is around 90% and cpu usage is around 70%) it drops to around +11.55v.
so i wanna know is that normal.i mean why its dropping to around +11.55.???
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem
  1. It's a bit low, but it's within spec (a little lower than I like to see, but still technically ok) and software monitoring is a bit inaccurate anyway. As long as you're not having stability issues, I'd say your OK.
  2. well no stability issues.just sometimes boot up is slow
  3. anybody else would like to comment on this plzz!!!!
  4. wiki258 said:
    well no stability issues.just sometimes boot up is slow

Slow start up shouldn't be caused by a weak or failing PSU, as far as I know.
  5. @DJDeCiBeL
    whats your idle +12 voltage? and heavy gamimg +12 voltage..?
  6. 12.384V just sitting here browsing the web, but it never falls below 12V even with Prime 95 and Furmark running at the same time.
  7. I DO have a very strong and well rated PSU though. (Rosewill Capstone-750. Nice review on it. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=266)
  8. DJDeCiBeL said:
    12.384V just sitting here browsing the web, but it never falls below 12V even with Prime 95 and Furmark running at the same time.

so do you think it might be a problem with my psu?
  9. Best answer
    It's on the edge, but since you say it's not causing any problems, I think you're OK. The slow boot time is unrelated.
  10. DJDeCiBeL said:
    It's on the edge, but since you say it's not causing any problems, I think you're OK. The slow boot time is unrelated.

thanks for quick replying.guess i just stop worrying then.
  11. Best answer selected by wiki258.
  12. No problem! :) At the first sign of trouble though (BSOD's, lockups, etc.), I'd say go ahead and replace it, just to be safe.
Ask a new question

Read More

Antec GPUs Components