what mods for 2nd time through?

I'm just starting my second time through BG2. My first trip through
was without mods. What is everyone's "must have" mods? I another
romance would be nice. First time was Vic, but neither Aerie or J
appeal to me.
9 answers Last reply
More about what mods time through
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On 14 Jul 2005 12:43:54 -0700, "mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >I'm just starting my second time through BG2. My first trip through
    >was without mods. What is everyone's "must have" mods? I another
    >romance would be nice. First time was Vic, but neither Aerie or J
    >appeal to me.

    It may be just me, but...

    I'd play the game a few more times before adding mods. The game is so
    full of different paths to choose its a new game for the first few
    times thru.

    HJ
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    "mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I'm just starting my second time through BG2. My first trip through
    > was without mods. What is everyone's "must have" mods? I another
    > romance would be nice. First time was Vic, but neither Aerie or J
    > appeal to me.

    Tashia or Fade are both cool.

    Chloe is a good NPC, too (non-romanceable except if you're female, although
    she will romance Imoen)
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    mathilda <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote:
    : I'm just starting my second time through BG2. My first trip through
    : was without mods. What is everyone's "must have" mods? I another
    : romance would be nice. First time was Vic, but neither Aerie or J
    : appeal to me.

    There's a lot of learned discussion on the subject here:

    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17153.0.html

    --
    Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    wow, just the sort of thing I was looking for!

    Thanks
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    If you want great files for BG 2 then go here.

    http://hometown.aol.com/mprilla/myhomepage/profile.html

    You will find all of the following just for BG 2 and they will enhance
    your game play by leaps and bounds.

    50thlevelrulesTOB
    This is a set of 50th level rules for BG II it will work with SOA or
    TOB or any mod made as long as it is the last thing you add to your
    override directory. Simply download unpack and put the files in the
    overide directory.

    ContainersBGII
    These are increased capacity containers and increased stacking for all
    stackable items arrows, gems, bolts, bullets, scrolls, potions etc. for
    BG II like the potion cases, ammo belt, bag of holding, scroll cases
    and gem bags to use simply download unpack and put in the override
    directory of BG II. Enjoy

    StartingEquipBG2
    This patch allows you to start BG 2 with either imported from BG 1
    characters or new Characters and still get many BG 1 items even the
    golden pantaloons. This will give you starting gold and many BG 1 items
    in the picture for you to start out with.

    scriptcompilerTOB
    This is an improved scriptcompiler for BG II and TOB it has many
    improvements over the orginal compilers such as improved gtimes, more
    states, shout.ids and many additions to the spell.ids that were omitted
    in the orginal.

    SuperScriptBG2V1.6
    These are the SuperScripts for Baldur's Gate 2 there is a version for
    each class, dual and multi class. They use almost every item and spell
    in the game and it will make full use of every ability your characters
    have to their fullest potential. These are non cheating scripts. Every
    action it does is legal. This is version 1.6
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    On 2 Aug 2005 00:15:54 -0700, "Mprilla" <Mprilla@aol.com> wrote:

    >If you want great files for BG 2 then go here.
    >
    >http://hometown.aol.com/mprilla/myhomepage/profile.html
    >
    >You will find all of the following just for BG 2 and they will enhance
    >your game play by leaps and bounds.
    >
    >50thlevelrulesTOB
    >This is a set of 50th level rules for BG II it will work with SOA or
    >TOB or any mod made as long as it is the last thing you add to your
    >override directory. Simply download unpack and put the files in the
    >overide directory.
    >
    >ContainersBGII
    >These are increased capacity containers and increased stacking for all
    >stackable items arrows, gems, bolts, bullets, scrolls, potions etc. for
    >BG II like the potion cases, ammo belt, bag of holding, scroll cases
    >and gem bags to use simply download unpack and put in the override
    >directory of BG II. Enjoy
    >
    >StartingEquipBG2
    >This patch allows you to start BG 2 with either imported from BG 1
    >characters or new Characters and still get many BG 1 items even the
    >golden pantaloons. This will give you starting gold and many BG 1 items
    >in the picture for you to start out with.
    >
    >scriptcompilerTOB
    >This is an improved scriptcompiler for BG II and TOB it has many
    >improvements over the orginal compilers such as improved gtimes, more
    >states, shout.ids and many additions to the spell.ids that were omitted
    >in the orginal.
    >
    >SuperScriptBG2V1.6
    >These are the SuperScripts for Baldur's Gate 2 there is a version for
    >each class, dual and multi class. They use almost every item and spell
    >in the game and it will make full use of every ability your characters
    >have to their fullest potential. These are non cheating scripts. Every
    >action it does is legal. This is version 1.6

    This is gonna start another flame war, but.....

    DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THIS PILE OF TRASH

    apologies to everyone else in the group for starting this, but the new
    guy needs to know the truth ;)

    HJ
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    HomerJ wrote:

    > DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THIS PILE OF TRASH
    >
    > apologies to everyone else in the group for starting this, but the new
    > guy needs to know the truth ;)

    Better yet, to the OP:

    See MPrilla's posting history by going to Google, clicking on "Groups" and
    entering group:alt.games.baldurs-gate and author:Mprilla as search criteria.
    Or just click here:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=group%3Aalt.games.baldurs-gate+author%3Amprilla

    Bob
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    Actually, after about 1 day perusing BG@ posts on usenet, not even
    looking for MPrilla's posts, I got the idea to avoid/discount his point
    of view and/or mods.

    Thanks for looking out for me, though!

    Having a great time on BG2.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.baldurs-gate (More info?)

    That apears to be a short history. Are you sure you are talking about
    me?

Vic Games Video Games