what mods for 2nd time through?

I'm just starting my second time through BG2. My first trip through
was without mods. What is everyone's "must have" mods? I another
romance would be nice. First time was Vic, but neither Aerie or J
appeal to me.

homerj

On 14 Jul 2005 12:43:54 -0700, "mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I'm just starting my second time through BG2. My first trip through
>was without mods. What is everyone's "must have" mods? I another
>romance would be nice. First time was Vic, but neither Aerie or J
>appeal to me.

It may be just me, but...

I'd play the game a few more times before adding mods. The game is so
full of different paths to choose its a new game for the first few
times thru.

HJ

jwb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2003

"mathilda" <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm just starting my second time through BG2. My first trip through
> was without mods. What is everyone's "must have" mods? I another
> romance would be nice. First time was Vic, but neither Aerie or J
> appeal to me.

Tashia or Fade are both cool.

Chloe is a good NPC, too (non-romanceable except if you're female, although
she will romance Imoen)

mathilda <smart_aleck72@yahoo.com> wrote:
: I'm just starting my second time through BG2. My first trip through
: was without mods. What is everyone's "must have" mods? I another
: romance would be nice. First time was Vic, but neither Aerie or J
: appeal to me.

There's a lot of learned discussion on the subject here:

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17153.0.html

--
Jason Compton jcompton@xnet.com

wow, just the sort of thing I was looking for!

Thanks

If you want great files for BG 2 then go here.

http://hometown.aol.com/mprilla/myhomepage/profile.html

You will find all of the following just for BG 2 and they will enhance
your game play by leaps and bounds.

50thlevelrulesTOB
This is a set of 50th level rules for BG II it will work with SOA or
TOB or any mod made as long as it is the last thing you add to your
override directory. Simply download unpack and put the files in the
overide directory.

ContainersBGII
These are increased capacity containers and increased stacking for all
stackable items arrows, gems, bolts, bullets, scrolls, potions etc. for
BG II like the potion cases, ammo belt, bag of holding, scroll cases
and gem bags to use simply download unpack and put in the override
directory of BG II. Enjoy

StartingEquipBG2
This patch allows you to start BG 2 with either imported from BG 1
characters or new Characters and still get many BG 1 items even the
golden pantaloons. This will give you starting gold and many BG 1 items
in the picture for you to start out with.

scriptcompilerTOB
This is an improved scriptcompiler for BG II and TOB it has many
improvements over the orginal compilers such as improved gtimes, more
states, shout.ids and many additions to the spell.ids that were omitted
in the orginal.

SuperScriptBG2V1.6
These are the SuperScripts for Baldur's Gate 2 there is a version for
each class, dual and multi class. They use almost every item and spell
in the game and it will make full use of every ability your characters
have to their fullest potential. These are non cheating scripts. Every
action it does is legal. This is version 1.6

homerj

On 2 Aug 2005 00:15:54 -0700, "Mprilla" <Mprilla@aol.com> wrote:

>If you want great files for BG 2 then go here.
>
>http://hometown.aol.com/mprilla/myhomepage/profile.html
>
>You will find all of the following just for BG 2 and they will enhance
>your game play by leaps and bounds.
>
>50thlevelrulesTOB
>This is a set of 50th level rules for BG II it will work with SOA or
>TOB or any mod made as long as it is the last thing you add to your
>override directory. Simply download unpack and put the files in the
>overide directory.
>
>ContainersBGII
>These are increased capacity containers and increased stacking for all
>stackable items arrows, gems, bolts, bullets, scrolls, potions etc. for
>BG II like the potion cases, ammo belt, bag of holding, scroll cases
>and gem bags to use simply download unpack and put in the override
>directory of BG II. Enjoy
>
>StartingEquipBG2
>This patch allows you to start BG 2 with either imported from BG 1
>characters or new Characters and still get many BG 1 items even the
>golden pantaloons. This will give you starting gold and many BG 1 items
>in the picture for you to start out with.
>
>scriptcompilerTOB
>This is an improved scriptcompiler for BG II and TOB it has many
>improvements over the orginal compilers such as improved gtimes, more
>states, shout.ids and many additions to the spell.ids that were omitted
>in the orginal.
>
>SuperScriptBG2V1.6
>These are the SuperScripts for Baldur's Gate 2 there is a version for
>each class, dual and multi class. They use almost every item and spell
>in the game and it will make full use of every ability your characters
>have to their fullest potential. These are non cheating scripts. Every
>action it does is legal. This is version 1.6

This is gonna start another flame war, but.....

DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THIS PILE OF TRASH

apologies to everyone else in the group for starting this, but the new
guy needs to know the truth ;)

HJ

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

HomerJ wrote:

> DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THIS PILE OF TRASH
>
> apologies to everyone else in the group for starting this, but the new
> guy needs to know the truth ;)

Better yet, to the OP:

See MPrilla's posting history by going to Google, clicking on "Groups" and
entering group:alt.games.baldurs-gate and author:Mprilla as search criteria.
Or just click here:

http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=group%3Aalt.games.baldurs-gate+author%3Amprilla

Bob

Actually, after about 1 day perusing BG@ posts on usenet, not even
looking for MPrilla's posts, I got the idea to avoid/discount his point
of view and/or mods.

Thanks for looking out for me, though!

Having a great time on BG2.

That apears to be a short history. Are you sure you are talking about
me?