Sign in with
Your question

Will this Comp run Diablo 3 good??

Last response: in CPUs
May 20, 2012 10:20:07 PM

Hello, I have a question regarding a new computer that I want to buy, but would like some insight before I spend the money. The computer that I am looking at is a desktop computer, made by alienware and is the X51 and i want to use it for gming puroses and occasionally typing papers for school. Now, let me make it clear that i am *NOT* a hard core computer gamer that plays 500 different computer games with insane grphics. The only game that im interested in playing is Diablo III and want to make sure that this computer will run this game very good for me on a reasonably high setting. the computer specs are:

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English
Alienware X51
Intel® Core™ i5-2320 3.0GHz (6MB Cache) with Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
8GB (2x4GB) Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz
Matte Stealth Black with Dark Chrome Accents
1GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 545
1TB SATA 3Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache
DW1502 Wireless-N WLAN Half Mini-Card
Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
AlienFX Color, Quasar Blue
Steam and Portal™ Factory Installed
240W External Power SupplyCompatibility Alert
Recalculating Price

Thanks so much! when it comes to computers i am clueless and want to make sure this computer will run diablo 3 good with no lag before i drop 800 dollars. ALSO: if you have any other recommendations for computers it would be great for you to list them-- is this cmputer too powerful for only one game tht i m interested in plying? thanks!!! and p.s. dont say build a computer because asking me to but a computer is like asking a 2 year old to name every muscle in the human body. thanks again

More about : comp run diablo good

a c 283 à CPUs
May 20, 2012 10:27:11 PM

Yeah, it should play Diablo III quite well, but is there any reason you want a laptop instead of a desktop? You could get a much more powerful desktop (even pre-built) for the same price that that laptop will cost you.
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
May 20, 2012 10:30:36 PM

OK, never mind that post, it's a slimline desktop with laptop grade performance components (obviously not actual laptop components). Strange... I've actually never seen anything quite like that.

Regardless of my own stupidity with my first reply, it should be plenty good enough for DIII.
m
l
Related resources
May 20, 2012 10:44:43 PM

I think the price is a bit much for a Mini-ITX form factor based system....
m
l
a c 185 à CPUs
May 20, 2012 10:56:56 PM

Build your own system.
m
l
a c 283 à CPUs
May 20, 2012 10:58:21 PM

amuffin said:
Build your own system.

Quote:
p.s. dont say build a computer because asking me to but a computer is like asking a 2 year old to name every muscle in the human body.

^ LOL, BUT I agree with amuffin anyway.
m
l
a c 185 à CPUs
May 20, 2012 10:59:46 PM

Cyberpowerpc has a better choices...
m
l
May 21, 2012 6:25:17 AM

Yes those specs will run Diablo 3 on Max fine
here is a video of it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAVooRm2ZXs
Watch more of this guys videos since he has the same specs and has tons of videos of games running on it.
m
l
!