Cpu shopping, do you think this site is legit?

nwestes

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
http://brand.camover.co.uk/Wholesale-processors_c19

I was shopping around on newegg and decided to get a i7 2600k and a sabertooth mobo. I was curious to see if i could find lower prices elsewhere, and found this site. It's selling the same products at about half the price. the site has a very limited selection, but lucky for me they carry exactly what i want. do you guys think this site is legit? should i trust them and save 200 bucks or should i go with the tried and true newegg?
thanks for whatever advice you have!

Solution

When it comes to PC hardware, the competition is very, very stiff. Profit margins are thin to start with. Pricing may vary a few dollars, or you may catch something on sale for say 10% off occasionally, and of course, some items do come with manufacturer's rebates (for what ever that is worth to you) but outside of a discontinued or older revision of a product, pricing is...

There is no way anyone on this planet can sell retail boxed components at half the price of everyone else. Something here certainly sounds fishy. I would say you are taking a pretty chance here of being scammed in some way, either its a pricing mistake to lure you in and then pull the old bait and switch, or they may be counterfeit or remarked.

nwestes

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
yeah i think i agree... i was just going through the order process (wasnt going to pay just yet, just checkign things out) and it cut me off after i decided payment type and said "order complete", and that they were going to email me about credit card info. sooooo yeah this site is BS

nwestes

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

haha yup, as i was going through the checkout process i saw so many typos and grammatical errors. major red flag... but im kinda bummed, i dont have the money at the moment to repair my comp and i would have been able to just barely afford everything from that site! gotta wait a couple months to make the extra few hundred i spose. thanks for your advice guys :D

When it comes to PC hardware, the competition is very, very stiff. Profit margins are thin to start with. Pricing may vary a few dollars, or you may catch something on sale for say 10% off occasionally, and of course, some items do come with manufacturer's rebates (for what ever that is worth to you) but outside of a discontinued or older revision of a product, pricing is pretty consistent among all the reputable vendors.

Solution