Closed Solved

[ASK] Will my Processor bottleneck this GPU?

Hello community! It's been a while since i left this forum to study :hello:

now i'm back with some questions XD

okay, so, i'm planning to change my Zotac GTS 450 with Zotac GTX 560. But some of my friend asked a really confusing question to me - "Will your CPU bottleneck that?"

I said i don't know, coz i really don't know (so obvious :D), so i wanna ask you will my Athlon II X4 635 bottleneck a GTX 560?

I really need your answer, coz it depends on my choice to buy a new VGA. Thanks in advance :)

PS: can my Dazumba 500w 80+ PSU handle that GPU?
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about processor bottleneck
  1. 2.9ghz Quadcore

should be ok. the 500w PSU should do fine also but its cutting it a little close.
  2. Yes it will, but you will still see tremendous performance increase in graphic anyway... So i'd get it if i were you.
    I'm not familiar with the psu brand, but if it's really 500w psu, then it should be able to handle it.
  3. cumi2k4 said:
    Yes it will, but you will still see tremendous performance increase in graphic anyway... So i'd get it if i were you.
    I'm not familiar with the psu brand, but if it's really 500w psu, then it should be able to handle it.

+1^^

It will (in some games), but go for it, because you'll see performance boosts everywhere, and there wouldn't be any sense in upping your CPU first.
  4. oh i see, but what processor i should use to make it perfect match? i mean, without bottlenecks..should i upgrade to phenom?
  5. Yes,you should upgrade to phenom and If you are upgrading now,then please tell the budget,so me and other can help you......
  6. Best answer
    Phenom 955+ at least, but i doubt you'll see significant difference if compared with your current processor. The graphic card, on the other hand, you will surely see it.
  7. @ajaat, i'm sorry i can't tell ya..because my budget is unstable and could change anytime..

@cumi2k4 oh, man, i think i couldn't buy that at the same time. besides, i need to upgrade my RAM too..besides, if i can't see the significant changes with the performance when i upgrade my processor, then it'll be okay if i use my current processor for now
  8. @didhot123:If your budget is unstable and could change anytime,I suggest getting a I5-2500k,it's a very good CPU for gaming.
    LINK:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115073

If you are not able to buy that,I'll do some more researching that suits your need.
  9. ajaat said:
    @didhot123:If your budget is unstable and could change anytime,I suggest getting a I5-2500k,it's a very good CPU for gaming.
    LINK:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115073

If you are not able to buy that,I'll do some more researching that suits your need.

i think i had enough for upgrading processor, i'm satisfied enough with Athlon X4's performance..all i need is to buy a new GPU, and as you need to know, i'm from Indonesia and i'm unabled to buy anything from other countries T_T
  10. didhot123 said:
    i think i had enough for upgrading processor, i'm satisfied enough with Athlon X4's performance..all i need is to buy a new GPU, and as you need to know, i'm from Indonesia and i'm unabled to buy anything from other countries T_T

hei ho... fellow countryman, what are the odds :hello:
    i'm also still rocking with old q8200, 4gb and gtx260... at 1680x1050, you can max out details (but please spare the AA setting - not that i care much about AA, though :na: )
  11. cumi2k4 said:
    hei ho... fellow countryman, what are the odds :hello:
    i'm also still rocking with old q8200, 4gb and gtx260... at 1680x1050, you can max out details (but please spare the AA setting - not that i care much about AA, though :na: )

hahaha..i know you're Indonesian when i saw your nickname - "cumi" yum that's one of my favorite foods XD

oh, you're using a 4 cores procie too? cool, but LGA775 is kinda lame, try to buy new ones.. like 2500K, but you should dig your wallet deeper for buying a new mobo for that procie too hehe :D

umm..GTX260 was "ancient hero", why don't plant your PC with the new series? NVIDIA 500 series would be great, it'll push your gaming performance much..that's why i deciding to change my GTS450 with a GTX560..

but of course, i need to wait for my father to get more moneys to buy me that "toy". and i need to wait for another important thing - wait till my exams finished

and all of this, uhh..it's slowly killing me :sweat:
  12. Best answer selected by didhot123.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Zotac Bottleneck Processors Graphics Product