Sign in with
Your question
Closed

[ASK] Will my Processor bottleneck this GPU?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2011 4:20:46 AM

Hello community! It's been a while since i left this forum to study :hello: 

now i'm back with some questions XD

okay, so, i'm planning to change my Zotac GTS 450 with Zotac GTX 560. But some of my friend asked a really confusing question to me - "Will your CPU bottleneck that?"

I said i don't know, coz i really don't know (so obvious :D ), so i wanna ask you will my Athlon II X4 635 bottleneck a GTX 560?

I really need your answer, coz it depends on my choice to buy a new VGA. Thanks in advance :) 

PS: can my Dazumba 500w 80+ PSU handle that GPU?
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 4:30:27 AM

2.9ghz Quadcore

should be ok. the 500w PSU should do fine also but its cutting it a little close.
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 4:50:24 AM

Yes it will, but you will still see tremendous performance increase in graphic anyway... So i'd get it if i were you.
I'm not familiar with the psu brand, but if it's really 500w psu, then it should be able to handle it.
Score
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 5:02:51 AM

cumi2k4 said:
Yes it will, but you will still see tremendous performance increase in graphic anyway... So i'd get it if i were you.
I'm not familiar with the psu brand, but if it's really 500w psu, then it should be able to handle it.

+1^^

It will (in some games), but go for it, because you'll see performance boosts everywhere, and there wouldn't be any sense in upping your CPU first.
Score
December 6, 2011 5:19:44 AM

oh i see, but what processor i should use to make it perfect match? i mean, without bottlenecks..should i upgrade to phenom?
Score
December 6, 2011 6:07:28 AM

Yes,you should upgrade to phenom and If you are upgrading now,then please tell the budget,so me and other can help you......
Score

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 6:10:47 AM

Phenom 955+ at least, but i doubt you'll see significant difference if compared with your current processor. The graphic card, on the other hand, you will surely see it.
December 6, 2011 6:22:05 AM

@ajaat, i'm sorry i can't tell ya..because my budget is unstable and could change anytime..

@cumi2k4 oh, man, i think i couldn't buy that at the same time. besides, i need to upgrade my RAM too..besides, if i can't see the significant changes with the performance when i upgrade my processor, then it'll be okay if i use my current processor for now
Score
December 6, 2011 7:20:05 AM

@didhot123:If your budget is unstable and could change anytime,I suggest getting a I5-2500k,it's a very good CPU for gaming.
LINK:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you are not able to buy that,I'll do some more researching that suits your need.
Score
December 6, 2011 7:25:47 AM

ajaat said:
@didhot123:If your budget is unstable and could change anytime,I suggest getting a I5-2500k,it's a very good CPU for gaming.
LINK:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

If you are not able to buy that,I'll do some more researching that suits your need.

i think i had enough for upgrading processor, i'm satisfied enough with Athlon X4's performance..all i need is to buy a new GPU, and as you need to know, i'm from Indonesia and i'm unabled to buy anything from other countries T_T
Score
a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 9:18:01 AM

didhot123 said:
i think i had enough for upgrading processor, i'm satisfied enough with Athlon X4's performance..all i need is to buy a new GPU, and as you need to know, i'm from Indonesia and i'm unabled to buy anything from other countries T_T

hei ho... fellow countryman, what are the odds :hello: 
i'm also still rocking with old q8200, 4gb and gtx260... at 1680x1050, you can max out details (but please spare the AA setting - not that i care much about AA, though :na:  )
Score
December 6, 2011 9:41:46 AM

cumi2k4 said:
hei ho... fellow countryman, what are the odds :hello: 
i'm also still rocking with old q8200, 4gb and gtx260... at 1680x1050, you can max out details (but please spare the AA setting - not that i care much about AA, though :na:  )

hahaha..i know you're Indonesian when i saw your nickname - "cumi" yum that's one of my favorite foods XD

oh, you're using a 4 cores procie too? cool, but LGA775 is kinda lame, try to buy new ones.. like 2500K, but you should dig your wallet deeper for buying a new mobo for that procie too hehe :D 

umm..GTX260 was "ancient hero", why don't plant your PC with the new series? NVIDIA 500 series would be great, it'll push your gaming performance much..that's why i deciding to change my GTS450 with a GTX560..

but of course, i need to wait for my father to get more moneys to buy me that "toy". and i need to wait for another important thing - wait till my exams finished

and all of this, uhh..it's slowly killing me :sweat: 
Score
December 6, 2011 11:35:28 AM

Best answer selected by didhot123.
Score
!