Okay, I'm playing the demo for Shadow of The Colossus, and I'm at the part
where you have to kill the Colossus. I see where you're supposed to shine
the light of your sword on the Colossus and the beam of light will show you
where you're supposed to shoot your arrows. Fine, I understand that and got
about 1/6 of his life bar down, but now no matter how many arrows I shoot,
no more of his life will come off. I checked the sword reflection again and
again and it keeps showing to shoot his head or his legs but shooting there
does nothing. Anyone got any ideas?

TIA!

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I'm playing the demo for Shadow of The Colossus, and I'm at the part
> where you have to kill the Colossus. I see where you're supposed to shine
> the light of your sword on the Colossus and the beam of light will show
> you where you're supposed to shoot your arrows. Fine, I understand that
> and got about 1/6 of his life bar down, but now no matter how many arrows
> I shoot, no more of his life will come off. I checked the sword
> reflection again and again and it keeps showing to shoot his head or his
> legs but shooting there does nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
>
> TIA!

LOL... Well you could always kick him in the toe. LOL...

No, that will not actually work, but i'll say that you can CLIMB on the
colossus. I dont want to give too much away, as its actually really simple
once you've figured out the fastest way to take that big ass mutha down. :)

In article <t0GSe.49$wk6.48@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com>,
Buckaroo Banzai <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Okay, I'm playing the demo for Shadow of The Colossus, and I'm at the part
>where you have to kill the Colossus. I see where you're supposed to shine
>the light of your sword on the Colossus and the beam of light will show you
>where you're supposed to shoot your arrows. Fine, I understand that and got
>about 1/6 of his life bar down, but now no matter how many arrows I shoot,
>no more of his life will come off. I checked the sword reflection again and
>again and it keeps showing to shoot his head or his legs but shooting there
>does nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
>
>TIA!

I don't have the demo, so I can't help you, but as a big ICO fan, I
was wondering how the demo of Shadow of the Colossus is.

Thanks,

Vin

"Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message

> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Okay, I'm playing the demo for Shadow of The Colossus, and I'm at the
>> part where you have to kill the Colossus. I see where you're supposed to
>> shine the light of your sword on the Colossus and the beam of light will
>> show you where you're supposed to shoot your arrows. Fine, I understand
>> that and got about 1/6 of his life bar down, but now no matter how many
>> arrows I shoot, no more of his life will come off. I checked the sword
>> reflection again and again and it keeps showing to shoot his head or his
>> legs but shooting there does nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
>>
>> TIA!
>>

> LOL... Well you could always kick him in the toe. LOL...
>
> No, that will not actually work, but i'll say that you can CLIMB on the
> colossus. I dont want to give too much away, as its actually really
> simple once you've figured out the fastest way to take that big ass mutha
> down. :)

Climb on him you say? That sounds pretty hairy, but I'll give it a try...

Buckaroo Banzai wrote:

> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Okay, I'm playing the demo for Shadow of The Colossus, and I'm at the
>>>part where you have to kill the Colossus. I see where you're supposed to
>>>shine the light of your sword on the Colossus and the beam of light will
>>>show you where you're supposed to shoot your arrows. Fine, I understand
>>>that and got about 1/6 of his life bar down, but now no matter how many
>>>arrows I shoot, no more of his life will come off. I checked the sword
>>>reflection again and again and it keeps showing to shoot his head or his
>>>legs but shooting there does nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
>>>
>>>TIA!
>>>

>>LOL... Well you could always kick him in the toe. LOL...
>>
>>No, that will not actually work, but i'll say that you can CLIMB on the
>>colossus. I dont want to give too much away, as its actually really
>>simple once you've figured out the fastest way to take that big ass mutha
>>down. :)
>

> Climb on him you say? That sounds pretty hairy, but I'll give it a try...

It's supposedly possible to kill him using arrows alone, but like you, I
found that after a few shots, he became "immune". If you're having
trouble staying on him because your grip runs out too quickly, go eat
some lizard tails (30-50 should do the trick) and then come back to face
him. You do know about the lizards, right?

cap

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I'm playing the demo for Shadow of The Colossus, and I'm at the part
> where you have to kill the Colossus. I see where you're supposed to shine
> the light of your sword on the Colossus and the beam of light will show
> you where you're supposed to shoot your arrows. Fine, I understand that
> and got about 1/6 of his life bar down, but now no matter how many arrows
> I shoot, no more of his life will come off. I checked the sword
> reflection again and again and it keeps showing to shoot his head or his
> legs but shooting there does nothing. Anyone got any ideas?
>
> TIA!

There is a walkthrough in the magazine how to kill him (with pictures).

"phexitol" <phx:01@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote in message
> Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
>
>> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>LOL... Well you could always kick him in the toe. LOL...
>>>
>>>No, that will not actually work, but i'll say that you can CLIMB on the
>>>colossus. I dont want to give too much away, as its actually really
>>>simple once you've figured out the fastest way to take that big ass mutha
>>>down. :)
>>

>> Climb on him you say? That sounds pretty hairy, but I'll give it a
>> try...
>
> It's supposedly possible to kill him using arrows alone, but like you, I
> found that after a few shots, he became "immune". If you're having trouble
> staying on him because your grip runs out too quickly, go eat some lizard
> tails (30-50 should do the trick) and then come back to face him. You do
> know about the lizards, right?

Lizards you say??? I don't know about them, and I am having a hard time
holding on to him.. I get on his club, then start climbing up his arm, but
then I fall off. Where do I find these lizard tails?

> "phexitol" <phx:01@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote in message
>> Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
>>
>>> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Climb on him you say? That sounds pretty hairy, but I'll give it a
>>> try...
>>
>> It's supposedly possible to kill him using arrows alone, but like you, I
>> found that after a few shots, he became "immune". If you're having
>> trouble staying on him because your grip runs out too quickly, go eat
>> some lizard tails (30-50 should do the trick) and then come back to face
>> him. You do know about the lizards, right?
>
> Lizards you say??? I don't know about them, and I am having a hard time
> holding on to him.. I get on his club, then start climbing up his arm, but
> then I fall off. Where do I find these lizard tails?
>
> TIA!

I've never heard of these lizards either... i think he's joking. Anyhow,
there are other ways to climb up, besides the club. Try to be sneaky at
first... to get to the bottom of things

Brenden D. Chase wrote:
> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>"phexitol" <phx:01@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote in message

>>>It's supposedly possible to kill him using arrows alone, but like you, I
>>>found that after a few shots, he became "immune". If you're having
>>>trouble staying on him because your grip runs out too quickly, go eat
>>>some lizard tails (30-50 should do the trick) and then come back to face
>>>him. You do know about the lizards, right?
>>
>>Lizards you say??? I don't know about them, and I am having a hard time
>>holding on to him.. I get on his club, then start climbing up his arm, but
>>then I fall off. Where do I find these lizard tails?
>>
>>TIA!
>>

> I've never heard of these lizards either... i think he's joking. Anyhow,
> there are other ways to climb up, besides the club. Try to be sneaky at
> first... to get to the bottom of things

Why not save the world from another queer and crawl up his ass and die?

"KillzoneBigNuts2" <bignuts@msn.com> wrote in message
> Brenden D. Chase wrote:
>> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"phexitol" <phx:01@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote in message

>>>Lizards you say??? I don't know about them, and I am having a hard time
>>>holding on to him.. I get on his club, then start climbing up his arm,
>>>but then I fall off. Where do I find these lizard tails?
>>>
>>>TIA!
>>>

>> I've never heard of these lizards either... i think he's joking. Anyhow,
>> there are other ways to climb up, besides the club. Try to be sneaky at
>> first... to get to the bottom of things
>
> Why not save the world from another queer and crawl up his ass and die?

WTF?

> "Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "phexitol" <phx:01@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote in message

>>> It's supposedly possible to kill him using arrows alone, but like you, I
>>> found that after a few shots, he became "immune". If you're having
>>> trouble staying on him because your grip runs out too quickly, go eat
>>> some lizard tails (30-50 should do the trick) and then come back to face
>>> him. You do know about the lizards, right?
>>
>> Lizards you say??? I don't know about them, and I am having a hard time
>> holding on to him.. I get on his club, then start climbing up his arm,
>> but then I fall off. Where do I find these lizard tails?
>>
>> TIA!
>>

> I've never heard of these lizards either... i think he's joking. Anyhow,
> there are other ways to climb up, besides the club. Try to be sneaky at
> first... to get to the bottom of things

Well, that was a good one because he got me- I was riding all around looking
for lizard tails! I'll follow your advice.

Thanks!

Scott

On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:53:57 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
<brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote:

>"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "phexitol" <phx:01@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote in message

>>> It's supposedly possible to kill him using arrows alone, but like you, I
>>> found that after a few shots, he became "immune". If you're having
>>> trouble staying on him because your grip runs out too quickly, go eat
>>> some lizard tails (30-50 should do the trick) and then come back to face
>>> him. You do know about the lizards, right?
>>
>> Lizards you say??? I don't know about them, and I am having a hard time
>> holding on to him.. I get on his club, then start climbing up his arm, but
>> then I fall off. Where do I find these lizard tails?
>>
>> TIA!
>>

>I've never heard of these lizards either... i think he's joking. Anyhow,
>there are other ways to climb up, besides the club. Try to be sneaky at
>first... to get to the bottom of things

I played the demo and I know what you're saying about being sneaky but just
the phrasing about getting to the bottom of things. A colossus doesn't
deserve to have a sword stuffed up....well you know. :)

--
Scott

"Scott" <scottm9000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:53:57 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
> <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote:
>

>>"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "phexitol" <phx:01@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote in message

>>> Lizards you say??? I don't know about them, and I am having a hard time
>>> holding on to him.. I get on his club, then start climbing up his arm,
>>> but
>>> then I fall off. Where do I find these lizard tails?
>>>
>>> TIA!
>>>

>>I've never heard of these lizards either... i think he's joking. Anyhow,
>>there are other ways to climb up, besides the club. Try to be sneaky at
>>first... to get to the bottom of things
>>
> I played the demo and I know what you're saying about being sneaky but
> just
> the phrasing about getting to the bottom of things. A colossus doesn't
> deserve to have a sword stuffed up....well you know. :)
>
> --
> Scott

HAHA... that's actually not what i meant... lol... i meant bottom like his
feet.

This game however is looking mighty fine.. and will be added to my
collection for sure.

Buckaroo Banzai wrote:
> "Brenden D. Chase" <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"phexitol" <phx:01@distance.ni-879/00.001> wrote in message

>>>Lizards you say??? I don't know about them, and I am having a hard time
>>>holding on to him.. I get on his club, then start climbing up his arm,
>>>but then I fall off. Where do I find these lizard tails?
>>>
>>>TIA!
>>>

>>I've never heard of these lizards either... i think he's joking. Anyhow,
>>there are other ways to climb up, besides the club. Try to be sneaky at
>>first... to get to the bottom of things
>

> Well, that was a good one because he got me- I was riding all around looking
> for lizard tails! I'll follow your advice.
>
> Thanks!

You guys seriously need to check out the GameFAQs.com message board for
SotC, everything you need to know about the demo can be found there,
including how to climb the temple where you start out and get a glimpse
at some unfinished areas. Oh, did I mention turtles?

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=924364

Scott

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:01:20 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
<brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote:

>"Scott" <scottm9000@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 14:53:57 -0400, "Brenden D. Chase"
>> <brenden.chaseREMOVE@THISgmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>"Buckaroo Banzai" <blisteringlogic@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>>>I've never heard of these lizards either... i think he's joking. Anyhow,
>>>there are other ways to climb up, besides the club. Try to be sneaky at
>>>first... to get to the bottom of things
>>>
>> I played the demo and I know what you're saying about being sneaky but
>> just
>> the phrasing about getting to the bottom of things. A colossus doesn't
>> deserve to have a sword stuffed up....well you know. :)
>>
>> --
>> Scott
>
>HAHA... that's actually not what i meant... lol... i meant bottom like his
>feet.

I know what you meant. Great accidental double meaning though! lol

>This game however is looking mighty fine.. and will be added to my
>collection for sure.

Definitely agree with you there.

--
Scott

> You guys seriously need to check out the GameFAQs.com message board for
> SotC, everything you need to know about the demo can be found there,
> including how to climb the temple where you start out and get a glimpse at
> some unfinished areas. Oh, did I mention turtles?
>
> http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentopic.php?board=924364

thanks for the heads up!!