6870 is being kinda loud

So, I bought the 6870 and its like really loud at 90% fan in furmark :p

The temps seem to hover at 80c in furmark but... its just so loud ....

Are these ok temps? I bought the XFX version with only one fan... im getting more money on saturday I was wondering if you guys would suggest I get a 2 fan version if those run noticeably quieter D:

yummerzzz

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
What are you ambient temps and do you have anything restricting airflow?

At %35-%40 (Pretty much inaudible) fan speed I'm seeing temps of around 65c-80C depending on how demanding the game is one the GPU, I also have the single fan edition .

This one to be exact.

HD687AZNBC_1.jpg

yummerzzz

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2011
Ah, do you have any case fans?

That model exhausts heat into the case so if you have bad airflow it will mean temperatures will, rise.

The other model has an External exhaust, though I'm still not sure your temps would be that high, have you got any cables in the way?

I have a HaF 912 with 2 intake and 1 exhaust, and no other cables other then the 2 pcie and 1 sata cable, everything else is well hidden :)

I talked to newegg and they said they will take it back and refund my money HOWEVER I have to pay a 15% restocking fee since its not defective... wth ... 15% of 200(ish) is 30 bucks -.- I would much rather pay shipping D: ... I will talk to them again D:

EDIT; OMG I LOVE NEWEGG, I told them the issue (getting up to 80c) and they waived the restocking fee, ahhh i really love newegg :D

I have one more question though, will an 11 inch card fit in a haf 912 without taking out the hdd bay? I need to have 3 hdds in there :)

OK I just checked again and put in my 5670 and the card does not get over 58c, tested it with 10-15 minutes of furmark :)

So, will that gigabyte model fit, and can I use 2 newegg gift cards for one purchase, or will they be able to merge gift cards for me?