Enterprise media converters for coax to ethernet and ethernet to coax

thendershot

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
I work for a place that has its own TV broadcast system. From the central site we have contracted fiber connectivity to each of our 10 remote locations. To each location we currently have fiber for data (1Gbps) and fiber to transport our TV channels. Am am looking for a device that can take in our TV channels on coax and give me an rj45 ethernet connection so I can plug the unit into a data switch to use our data fiber for everything (if I need 10 units at the central site to do this, that is fine). I would then need the opposite at the remote buildings.. taking the ethernet back to coax to distribute TV to all of the TVs in the building. This would eliminate me 10 point to point fiber links. I have been looking for such equipment for awhile now but have not been able to find any. I am not sure if it does not exist or I am just not looking for the right thing in the correct place.

Thanks

thendershot

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
not sure ill have to take a look more into that.. the ones i saw with a quick search just used cat5/6 as a transport cable up to a certain footage. even if i could find thing like this i would still have to convert it from rf source --> hdmi --> ip --> hdmi --> rf cable plant --> destination tv

mgutt

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2015
In 2015 any updates?

I like to install only ethernet in my new house, but some devices does not support "Sat>IP" so I need the transport the native satellite signal over ethernet. I can not find such a converter. I tried "converter, extender, adapter, etc.", but had no luck. :(

Ist HDMI over RJ45 the only option?