PC Case doesn't have Power LED cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheComicBookMaestro

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012
Hello,

There has been another post about a similar thing about this somewhere on this forum, but I can't find it and the one reply didn't resolve anything.

I've ben working over the last few days to build my PC, which has some pretty decent specs. I've done everything to the letter, except that my case doesn't appear to have teh Power LED cable to attatch to my MoBo.
I'm not sure whether it's vital, but my PC isn't powering up at the moment, so I'm not sure whats wrong.

Any help you be very appreaciated.

r0aringdrag0n

Distinguished
The power LED is not vital to your PC. If you press the power button on the case and the PC doesn't turn on, then it may be either:
1. Faulty wiring (you wired the Power switch to another connector, such as the LED connector
2. Faulty button
3. Faulty motherboard
4. Faulty PSU
5. The most simple: You forgot to plug in the power or turn the switch on the back of the PSU on

Can I know the PSU you're using? It might be broken if it is not from a reliable brand. You can also check whether or not it's a motherboard fault by touching the tip of a metal screwdriver between the 2 Power switch pins on the motherboard. That should turn on the system.

TheComicBookMaestro

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2012

It's a CIT 700UB.

Pretty standard and trusted, if I'm not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.