Gtx 560 vs 6870 for bf3

Status
Not open for further replies.

xl-caliber

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2011
Hello,
So which gfx card should I choose for bf3?
I've heard that the 6870 is slightly faster, but you can overclock the gtx 560 really well. And now that they're about the same price, I'm stuck. (6870 is less than $10 more). I've gone through a ton of reviews but I'm still confused.

Thanks

Solution
When it comes to choosing a video card it really is up to the person buying it and as in this case when the two cards are close in performance it is hard to choose. Then it comes down to driversand the two different video card makers tune thier drivers for certian games. So you do want to see what card maker optimizes thier card for the games you like to play. For example when BF3 came out Nvidia's cards played the game better than AMD's cards did. It appeared that AMD was not prepared for the game with thier drivers and have since released better drivers so it does seem to me that Nvidia is better at drivers release than AMD. I have always used Nvidia no matter what AMD does , but that's just me and in the end the one buying the card...
When it comes to choosing a video card it really is up to the person buying it and as in this case when the two cards are close in performance it is hard to choose. Then it comes down to driversand the two different video card makers tune thier drivers for certian games. So you do want to see what card maker optimizes thier card for the games you like to play. For example when BF3 came out Nvidia's cards played the game better than AMD's cards did. It appeared that AMD was not prepared for the game with thier drivers and have since released better drivers so it does seem to me that Nvidia is better at drivers release than AMD. I have always used Nvidia no matter what AMD does , but that's just me and in the end the one buying the card has to make a decision as to what card to buy and you really can't go wrong with either one.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.