What version of the Gtx 560 ti should I buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gavcol12

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
Hey guys,

I'm almost done with my build and just need to select a graphics card. I'm going to be getting a gtx 560 ti but am unsure as to what model I should buy. There seem to be a lot of options, i.e. evga, gigabyte, msi. Also, the names fermi and twin frozr keep appearing and I have no idea what they are let alone the discrepancies between them. Thanks

gavcol12

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011

Thanks for the post. How does the EVGA model stand up to these? I only ask because it has the best customer reviews on newegg by an overwhelming margin.

kindahuge

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
I personally purchased the reference clock version from Gigabyte, because it was an extremely good deal on Newegg, on Black Friday. $199.99 upfront, with a $20 mail in rebate, and came with a free steam copy of Arkham City. It's doing just great, but I did have to up the voltage a bit to get it overclocking stably like so many others have reported. It's not a problematic card, Gigabyte just screwed the pooch a little calculating the factory voltages, it would appear.

mkristian

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011
You really cannot go wrong with either. I have an asus dcuii non top version 560 ti (clocked at 833mhz instead of 900mhz, otherwise they are identical thus have the same headroom for overclocking) and i do not even need to OC it all to max games. Runs everything flawlessly and rarely goes above 50 degrees celcius whilst playing games.

I swapped this card from a 6870. It is definately the best card i have ever purchased. You know u have a good quality component when the boxing is made up of 3 corregated black box's with a gold asus symbol on them all. (do you know how much that costs compared to standard boxing? a lot....anyway that little detail told me they stand behind this card and are very confident in their product, also it looks the coolest)

Status
Not open for further replies.