Sign in with
Your question
Closed

What version of the Gtx 560 ti should I buy?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2011 9:18:19 PM

Hey guys,

I'm almost done with my build and just need to select a graphics card. I'm going to be getting a gtx 560 ti but am unsure as to what model I should buy. There seem to be a lot of options, i.e. evga, gigabyte, msi. Also, the names fermi and twin frozr keep appearing and I have no idea what they are let alone the discrepancies between them. Thanks

More about : version gtx 560 buy

a b U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 9:31:03 PM

Take a look at the MSI cards. The Twin Frozr cooler is one of the best on the market and will keep your card nice and cool.
Score
Related resources
a c 225 U Graphics card
December 6, 2011 11:53:51 PM

I'm partial to the Asus 900 Mhz model.... when the factory OC'd models hit the streets, it got the best fps and best temps in the reviews .... but since then I have installed 9 of em......and every one OC'd to 1000MHz, 2 required a single notch voltage boost.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The one you linked to is clocked 20 MHz slower and is $40 more than the Asus
Score
December 7, 2011 12:06:38 AM

JackNaylorPE said:
I'm partial to the Asus 900 Mhz model.... when the factory OC'd models hit the streets, it got the best fps and best temps in the reviews .... but since then I have installed 9 of em......and every one OC'd to 1000MHz, 2 required a single notch voltage boost.

The one you linked to is clocked 20 MHz slower and is $40 more than the Asus

Thanks for the post. How does the EVGA model stand up to these? I only ask because it has the best customer reviews on newegg by an overwhelming margin.
Score
December 7, 2011 1:02:07 AM

I personally purchased the reference clock version from Gigabyte, because it was an extremely good deal on Newegg, on Black Friday. $199.99 upfront, with a $20 mail in rebate, and came with a free steam copy of Arkham City. It's doing just great, but I did have to up the voltage a bit to get it overclocking stably like so many others have reported. It's not a problematic card, Gigabyte just screwed the pooch a little calculating the factory voltages, it would appear.
Score
December 7, 2011 1:03:33 AM

You really cannot go wrong with either. I have an asus dcuii non top version 560 ti (clocked at 833mhz instead of 900mhz, otherwise they are identical thus have the same headroom for overclocking) and i do not even need to OC it all to max games. Runs everything flawlessly and rarely goes above 50 degrees celcius whilst playing games.

I swapped this card from a 6870. It is definately the best card i have ever purchased. You know u have a good quality component when the boxing is made up of 3 corregated black box's with a gold asus symbol on them all. (do you know how much that costs compared to standard boxing? a lot....anyway that little detail told me they stand behind this card and are very confident in their product, also it looks the coolest)
Score

Best solution

a c 595 U Graphics card
December 7, 2011 1:32:34 AM

For the same price (after rebate) bump up to the MSI Hawk with 950 mhz core and the improved Twin Frozr III cooler.
December 7, 2011 2:01:07 AM

Thanks guys
Score
December 7, 2011 2:01:24 AM

Best answer selected by gavcol12.
Score
!