Closed Solved

What version of the Gtx 560 ti should I buy?

Hey guys,

I'm almost done with my build and just need to select a graphics card. I'm going to be getting a gtx 560 ti but am unsure as to what model I should buy. There seem to be a lot of options, i.e. evga, gigabyte, msi. Also, the names fermi and twin frozr keep appearing and I have no idea what they are let alone the discrepancies between them. Thanks
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what version
  1. Take a look at the MSI cards. The Twin Frozr cooler is one of the best on the market and will keep your card nice and cool.
  2. I'm partial to the Asus 900 Mhz model.... when the factory OC'd models hit the streets, it got the best fps and best temps in the reviews .... but since then I have installed 9 of em......and every one OC'd to 1000MHz, 2 required a single notch voltage boost.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425

The one you linked to is clocked 20 MHz slower and is $40 more than the Asus
  3. JackNaylorPE said:
    I'm partial to the Asus 900 Mhz model.... when the factory OC'd models hit the streets, it got the best fps and best temps in the reviews .... but since then I have installed 9 of em......and every one OC'd to 1000MHz, 2 required a single notch voltage boost.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121425

The one you linked to is clocked 20 MHz slower and is $40 more than the Asus

Thanks for the post. How does the EVGA model stand up to these? I only ask because it has the best customer reviews on newegg by an overwhelming margin.
  4. I personally purchased the reference clock version from Gigabyte, because it was an extremely good deal on Newegg, on Black Friday. $199.99 upfront, with a $20 mail in rebate, and came with a free steam copy of Arkham City. It's doing just great, but I did have to up the voltage a bit to get it overclocking stably like so many others have reported. It's not a problematic card, Gigabyte just screwed the pooch a little calculating the factory voltages, it would appear.
  5. You really cannot go wrong with either. I have an asus dcuii non top version 560 ti (clocked at 833mhz instead of 900mhz, otherwise they are identical thus have the same headroom for overclocking) and i do not even need to OC it all to max games. Runs everything flawlessly and rarely goes above 50 degrees celcius whilst playing games.

I swapped this card from a 6870. It is definately the best card i have ever purchased. You know u have a good quality component when the boxing is made up of 3 corregated black box's with a gold asus symbol on them all. (do you know how much that costs compared to standard boxing? a lot....anyway that little detail told me they stand behind this card and are very confident in their product, also it looks the coolest)
  6. Best answer
    gavcol12 said:

For the same price (after rebate) bump up to the MSI Hawk with 950 mhz core and the improved Twin Frozr III cooler.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127578
  7. Thanks guys
  8. Best answer selected by gavcol12.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Product