Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Hdmi to vga

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
December 6, 2011 9:54:12 PM

I have an old vga lcd monitor. Unless im completely daft I only see a vga connection on the back. Im way out of the new computer buying world but from what I can tell gpu's are hdmi standard these days. how do I go about solving this issue if i build a new pc? use a converter? get a new monitor even though this one seems very fine? or find a vga output gpu? i use nvidia.

More about : hdmi vga

a b Î Nvidia
December 6, 2011 10:10:54 PM

Most GPUs come with DVI standard still, many do have HDMI or Display Port, but DVI is still the most used. With that said most cards also come with a DVI to VGA adapater as an accessory, so you have nothing to worry about.

Some people prefer the display on old CRT monitors. I can see why.
Score
December 6, 2011 10:24:10 PM

This happened to me, I went to best buy and a bought a DVI to VGA connector, about 20 dollars, all i had to do was take off the old cord from my monitor and put the new one on and plug it into a DVI port
Score
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 6, 2011 10:26:34 PM

Their are benefits in both saving space and smaller electric bills if you were to purchase a new LCD monitor. Depending on how much you use your computer you could easily save enough in a year to have the newer LCD monitor pay for itself.

That being said, most video cards come with DVI output and a combination of HDMI, display port and mini display port for additional connections. Higher end cards have the VGA to DVI converters as Helltech states. If you purchase a card that does not come with one of these, they can be found relativly cheap at Amazon.com
Score
December 6, 2011 10:44:06 PM

ok thanks for the help.
Score
December 6, 2011 10:44:19 PM

Best answer selected by puckinator1.
Score
!