Another 'Will this graphics card work?' thread =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildperson

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
I have an HP p62010f desktop, with all the factory default hardware still. I'd like to upgrade the graphics card (currently a GeForce 9100) to a GeForce 9400. Given that the power supply is a puny 300 watts, I don't have many options. According to Everest, I have a Quadcore AMD Ahtlon II X4 620, 2600 MHz (13x200) motherboard, and truthfully, I don't have much of a clue of what that means.
So my question is: Will the 9400 work with my computer? Are there any better options? And about how much would it cost to upgrade my power supply? (Under the presumption that my motherboard was compatible.
Please, if I've left any necessary details out, don't hesitate to ask. I'm desperate here.
Thanks!!!

Solution
Your motherboard is compatible with any power supply, and nearly any graphics card. Youll just be bottlenecked by your CPU.

What is your budget? What are your intentions? gaming? If so what kinda games do you play, at what settings, what resolution?

Helltech

Distinguished
Your motherboard is compatible with any power supply, and nearly any graphics card. Youll just be bottlenecked by your CPU.

What is your budget? What are your intentions? gaming? If so what kinda games do you play, at what settings, what resolution?

Solution

Wildperson

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
I'd like to keep the cost low. For a video card, I'd say under 200. As for the other components, I have no clue what prices they run at typically, so I'm not sure. Yeah, I'd use it primarily for developer programs and games. The resolution would depend on the monitor, right? I haven't purchased a new monitor yet, so I'm clueless there too. I certainly don't a super computer, but to be able to play current games smoothly at at least low graphics would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.