Water cooling solution for gt560

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAMINI

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I've just put together a rig to update what i had about 5yrs ago. my technology refresh updated my q6600 w/H50 + 8800gts + asus p5n-d + 4GB G.skills + raid0'd pair of Raptors.

this refresh is now a 3930k w/H80 + 560ti + asus x79pro + 16GB g.skills + raided intel SSDs. Case has not changed, still a cosmo1000

While my MB & CPU temps are in upper 20s idle and CPU temp has peaked in the 40s under normal load, my vga on the other hand will do 60+. i know this is tolerable, but seeing what solutions are out there, and i'm guessing its going to be water. What I'm seeking from the community is a water solution. I'm sure someone oldschool out there can probably just jog my memory, perhaps theres a vendor out there that makes a block+pump+tubes specific to this; was looking for a kit, if it exists. more importantly, if anyone is running a similar rig (gt5xx+watercooling), your 2cents is highly appreciated.

DM186

Splendid

There all kinds of H2O coolers all over the place just google it. Even here on Tom's. I can't remember where but I saw all types of rigs with the pumps with green and orange hoses with awsom pumps. But you are on the right track. My CPU is water cooled and man I love it. When I up grade next my GPU's will be water cooled even if the radiators are external. I wish you good luck and sorry that I wasn't much help.

LAMINI

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
DM186, thanks for your reply. any input is welcomed.

anyone on custom vga water coolers? just seeing if anyone is running something similar... if your running this swiftech, even better!

LAMINI

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
Thanks all once again... will be making a decision within the next week. Saving up for the core hardware takes time, and now just letting these decisions sit, in case there are other options that are just as good.
so far the decision is most likely...:
Part Number: GTX560-TI-HS+MCW82 - http://www.swiftech.com/gtx560-ti-hs.aspx
Part Number: H2O-220-Edge-HD-WT http://www.swiftech.com/h2o-x20-edge-hd.aspx#tab4

Its a bummer as i already have the corsair h80, which wont play with the swiftech gpu cooler (its a shame corsair has no gpu cooling solutions) ... but, the h80 came with the Intel 3930k, and can use it to upgrade other desktops. No junk here, only good stuff.

when all is said and done, i will have an intercooler cooling both the gpu and cpu.

LAMINI

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009

Tis on order. tripple fan H20-320-EDGE-HD and the GTX560-ti heatsink w/ MCW82.

Status
Not open for further replies.