Sign in with
Your question

Dirt cheap build

Last response: in Systems
February 5, 2012 8:42:40 PM

Hello! I am wanting to build another PC but I don't exactly have the amount of funds to build a relatively good PC. Can you guys help me pick parts for a PC that is as cheap as possible? I know buying an OEM machine would be cheaper, but I really want to build my own

Approximate Purchase Date: N/A

Budget Range: As cheap as possible.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Overclocking, slight gaming, web

Parts Not Required: Need everything inside the computer itself except OS.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: NewEgg.com, Amazon.com, Tigerdirect.com The cheapest place of the three.

Parts Preferences: Probably AMD

Overclocking: Yes

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: I want to build a PC just to benchmark and overclock. Then I will probably give this PC to someone and not keep it since I have a PC with an i5 2500k. I would like to be able to overclock, so please no Intel CPUs since they can't be OCed until the i5 2500k. I also probably won't do any gaming on the machine since I have a better system. I could use 4GB of the 12GB of RAM I have in my system for the new system...Also, any ideas on how to get money to build this?

More about : dirt cheap build

a b K Overclocking
February 5, 2012 9:46:55 PM

How to get money...........Jobs or stealing or pimpin
a b K Overclocking
February 5, 2012 11:04:18 PM

Ok so how cheap do you want it? I can get one down to about $300-400.
Related resources
February 6, 2012 9:37:50 AM

$300 would be nice...I've been thinking either an A8 or a Phenom II x2 BE...don't know yet.
February 6, 2012 1:54:53 PM

Should be able to go much cheaper. Can't Pentium 4 CPUs be overclocked?
I see those things pop up on Newegg for like 10 Bucks a piece. XD
a b K Overclocking
February 8, 2012 6:27:21 PM

This looks like a job for craigslit. I saw a Q9550 a P45 motherboard and 8 GB of DDR2 1066mhz for around 20
!