What are the average temps of a 6950?

brutalisk88

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Hey guys

I just built a new tower and crossfired two XFX 6950 2GB cards (dual fans on each) and I was wondering what people are getting for temps and if mine are normal.

Idle i get about 40ish degrees C at fans set to auto, and when i ran the burn in test in furmark after about 3 mins the temp stabilized at 78 degrees C for the first GPU and 72 degrees Cfor the second GPU.

I am curious of what the maximum temperature is before the cards start to overheat if anyone knows.

PS - the cards are NOT overclocked yet

Thanks for the responses!

brutalisk88

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
Ok great thanks for the info.

I am running them in the new cooler master CM storm series trooper full tower with two fans in front blowing in, one on top blowing out, back one blowing out, and the side fans i bought seperately blowing straight on the cards.

The game keeps crashing or my PC randomly reboots so i wanted to be sure the cards were not over heating and making my PC shut down.

I have more than enough power to run them and after reading on the forums about crossfiring on BF3 im pretty sure its a mix of the game and drivers so hopefully that will be addressed