Solved

Help with what i should do ?!

ive been playing diablo 3 and ive noticed some (actually pretty bad) framerate drops. it threw me off so bad, because me and my sister both uses gtx 550 ti, and she barely has any framerate problems. heres my spec, laugh at me if you will x.x

phenom 9150e quad-core 1.80 ghz
4.00 gb ram
geforce gtx 550 ti 1gb

ive looked around google for a good hour or two (honestly 10-20 min)
and i think im suffering what they call the "bottleneck"

im on a really short budget, like 100-200 dollar, and very noob at computers.
so please, make a recommandation at what i should do

help much appreciated.
17 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about help
  1. Hello,

    Hmmm...what is your sisters computer build?

    I won't laugh. Trust me.

    I think it may be a bottleneck, but that is still speculation on my part.

    Please post back ASAP.
  2. That 1.8Ghz weak CPU is likely holding you back. What CPU does your sister use?

    What motherboard do you have?
  3. dogman_1234 said:
    Hello,

    Hmmm...what is your sisters computer build?

    I won't laugh. Trust me.

    I think it may be a bottleneck, but that is still speculation on my part.

    Please post back ASAP.


    shes got i5-2300 2.80ghz, her computers fairly new, bout 4-5 months old.
    shes got 8 gb ram.
  4. WR2 said:
    That 1.8Ghz weak CPU is likely holding you back. What CPU does your sister use?

    What motherboard do you have?


    she uses i5-2300 2.80 ghz.

    my motherboard would be

    mcp61pm-hm

    heres the spec (from http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&docname=c01612549#N77)


    Manufacturer: ECS



    Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)



    Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430



    Memory sockets: 4 x DDR2



    Front side bus speeds: 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)



    Processor socket: AM2+



    Expansion Slots:



    1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card



    2 PCI Express x1 slots



    1 PCI slot
  5. i have also figured out that my power supplies only 300W, and the graphics card needs atleast 400W.

    but i still need to know if anything else is holding me back.
  6. It's severely bottlenecked by the crappy phenom I.

    According to the website- your PC can only support phenom I and older Am2+ cpus.

    A full rebuild might be in order ...

    Probably can find a phenom II and a am3+ motherboard for cheap these days and it'll be a significant upgrade and fix your woes.
  7. I agree.

    She has an advantage over you for processing capabilities.

    Begin investing into newer components...
  8. Best answer
    Agreed with both of the above. It's time for a new system. Your sister's system is miles ahead of anything you could possibly upgrade to with your current system. No need to waste money on it really.
  9. thank you guys for suggestions. so should i just get a new computer ? or should i just replace motherboard, cpu, and powersupply ? im not on big budget so replacing computer would be a problem
  10. zkfltmxkf said:
    thank you guys for suggestions. so should i just get a new computer ? or should i just replace motherboard, cpu, and powersupply ? im not on big budget so replacing computer would be a problem


    On a tight budget, upgrading the CPU, motherboard, and PSU is just fine, BUT, you'll need to get new RAM too. The RAM you have is DDR2 and you'll definitely want to get a motherboard that uses DDR3, so you'll need some DDR3 RAM as well.
  11. You can probably fit a decent build for 200 dollars if the rest of your system is semi decent.

    You probably will need a full rebuild if you want to go intel but budget AMD CPU's might be worth considering. A good quality PSU should go for $50, a good P2X4 for $120ish and a am3+ mobo for $80ish should do the bill.
  12. thank you guys for help.
  13. lilotimz said:
    You can probably fit a decent build for 200 dollars if the rest of your system is semi decent.

    You probably will need a full rebuild if you want to go intel but budget AMD CPU's might be worth considering. A good quality PSU should go for $50, a good P2X4 for $120ish and a am3+ mobo for $80ish should do the bill.


    what is p2x4 ? sry im a noob with computer
  14. zkfltmxkf said:
    what is p2x4 ? sry im a noob with computer


    Phenom II X4
  15. well, thank you guys but i have one more question. my computers hp pavillion a6700y. would i actually be able to rebuild this model ? my friend told me that hps are hard to rebuild
  16. Best answer selected by zkfltmxkf.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Framerate Product