Hi,
I'm owner of ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 mobo, with this configuration:

- CPU: i7-2600K
- HDD1: 256GB Samsung PM810
- HDD2: 1TB Western Digital Caviar Green
- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
- Colermaster 550W PSU
- ATI Radeon HD6850 on PCI-e 1 bank
- Front Panel with 4xUSB 3.0 and card readers, that use a PCI-e (one of those mini PCI-e) to connect to PC

I have keyboard and mouse disconnecting issues and it seems to be my external USB 3.0 front panel that runs out of IRQ's and disconnects saying "I'm out of IRQ to use in this PC", and audio stuttering thats annoying me all the time when I play music, play games, all the time!. I have reinstalled Drivers from ASUS, Realtek, reinstalled Windows twice but the problem persists (KB and Mouse problems too).

Do you know a possible solution to this scenario?. Sorry if my english it's not as fluid as I want.

Thank you.

Best solution

February 5, 2012 11:07:45 PM

Of all your components, the only real suspect one I see is the poor quality Coolermaster power supply. 550 watts is plenty of power for that system, but I suspect the Coolermaster is actually more like 450 watts.

In addition to supplying less wattage than advertised, a poor quality power supply can often supply incorrect or fluctuating voltage, as well as "dirty" or "noisy" voltage which can cause sound issues. What you really need for that system is a quality 500-550 watt 80 plus or Bronze certified unit from a trusted maker such as Antec, Seasonic, Silverstone, OCZ, or XFX if available in your area.

I cannot speak to the front USB problem other than your case may have come with low quality connectors on the front, or perhaps you are overloading them somehow. I am not familiar with mini PCI-e so I cannot comment on that either. Also if you are trying to play music from SD cards or the like, they are very slow and can cause stuttering.

Overall, I would say based on the sum of your issues, getting a good quality power supply may solve most if not all.
February 6, 2012 12:02:50 AM

Hey!. Many thanks for your answer. I attached a photo of the PSU: it says it's a 80 Plus, I know maybe it's driver or BIOS related, but ASUS has not released any BIOS or drivers updates for this MB.
For the audio problems, the stuttering interferences comes for any source: games, youtube videos, from any think that produce sound. As internet, local files in any HDD too. :( 

I didn't know that "80 plus" or "Bronze" meant certified PSU, thanks for that.

Related resources
February 6, 2012 12:25:52 AM

Quote:
It's a PLUS SILVER certified PSU, It's seems to be best than BRONZE. :) 

What do you use your computer for? Wondering what kind of gaming you can do with the GPU you purchased.
February 6, 2012 12:51:48 AM

Kanivakil said:
What do you use your computer for? Wondering what kind of gaming you can do with the GPU you purchased.

For work, university and gaming. :) 
In gaming I play: BF BC2, BF3, CoD MW2, CoD MW3, L4D2, Borderlands, SC:C, mainly.
February 6, 2012 5:43:11 AM

hiperjp said:
Hey!. Many thanks for your answer. I attached a photo of the PSU: it says it's a 80 Plus, I know maybe it's driver or BIOS related, but ASUS has not released any BIOS or drivers updates for this MB.
For the audio problems, the stuttering interferences comes for any source: games, youtube videos, from any think that produce sound. As internet, local files in any HDD too. :( 

I didn't know that "80 plus" or "Bronze" meant certified PSU, thanks for that.

http://i41.tinypic.com/xnbx8m.jpg

I understand it "says" 80 Plus, but Coolermaster is still junk I'm afraid. I have used the GX450 watt version on a Core i3-2100 system with a AMD 6670 card, which should have been plenty, but the GX could not keep up. The computer acted like it could only run at half speed or something. boot times were very slow, and general Windows behavior was erratic. I plugged in my current OCZ 600 watt and all was well.

This is why I included the caviat of "trusted makers". Such makers are known to make good supplies. Coolermaster is not.

edit: Here is info about 80 plus. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS
February 6, 2012 5:05:36 PM

It would be hard to find a board with a single PCIe 3.0 slot. Even uATX boards are coming as dual card these days. It is no problem to use a single card. I have been doing it for years. For what I do, single cards are plenty.

If you already have the components, I would just keep them.
February 12, 2012 7:54:29 PM

tlmck said:
I understand it "says" 80 Plus, but Coolermaster is still junk I'm afraid. I have used the GX450 watt version on a Core i3-2100 system with a AMD 6670 card, which should have been plenty, but the GX could not keep up. The computer acted like it could only run at half speed or something. boot times were very slow, and general Windows behavior was erratic. I plugged in my current OCZ 600 watt and all was well.

This is why I included the caviat of "trusted makers". Such makers are known to make good supplies. Coolermaster is not.

edit: Here is info about 80 plus. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_PLUS

What do you think about this two PSU? 1 and 2. First one price it's about USD190 and second it's USD120. Thermaltake it's trusted maker for you?. :) 
February 15, 2012 11:23:28 PM

Best answer selected by hiperjp.
March 22, 2012 4:33:31 PM

mar-22 Update: With the availability of 3201 BIOS, the problems are completely gone.
!