H80 cooler installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

buchananjesse

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
hey all,
I'm having a problem understanding how I get the screws that you need to use to attach the fans to the radiator and then to the case to go all the way in...
when I try to install it on my case I put the washer on the outside of the case and thread the screw through the case then the fan and into the radiator hole. however trying to screw it in from there only allows a couple of turns leaving over half a cm of the screw and causing the fan and the radiator to be loose :(
anyone who has this know what I am doing wrong? and yeah I'm a novice :D
hoping to hear some feedback soon,
cheers,
Jesse

Solution
Learned how to post a pic.

1) take the pic
2) upload it to your computer
3) go to a host like Image Shack http://imageshack.us/
4) upload pic to the host
5) post a link to the pic here

There are other ways I am sure, but this should at least let me see what you are describing.

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
The screws should go all the way in, but don't force them. The screws may compress some of the fins on the radiator a bit and might require a firm twist to get in (this is what happened to me with the H100). But, all should be ok. Just make sure that the screws are in straight.

buchananjesse

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I still have like 7mm of screw to go and it just won't seem to go any further...
mind you the cooler still runs fine, just that I don't think its on properly
and the radiator mesh is in the way so I really don't see how I was supposed to get them in all the way anyway. did you just screw right into the radiator?
cos I'd need a drill for that :0
cheers for the reply,
Jesse

vollman1

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
Learned how to post a pic.

1) take the pic
2) upload it to your computer
3) go to a host like Image Shack http://imageshack.us/
4) upload pic to the host
5) post a link to the pic here

There are other ways I am sure, but this should at least let me see what you are describing.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.