ToB: New char always starts at level 18 - DOH

Hi,

after finishing SoA I finally got around to start ToB.
To make it more interesting I wanted to start with a new party in a
multiplayer game. My new main character should be a dual class
berserker/mage. So I created him as a berserker and he is instantly
elevated to level 18. Hey, stop, I wanted to go dual class with level 12!

WTF, is it not possible to start ToB with a new character that goes dual
class at level 12 since they are all raised to lev 18/19 right at the
beginning?

TIA

Horst

homerj

On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:59:07 +0200, Horst Nabulke <nabulke@arcor.de>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>after finishing SoA I finally got around to start ToB.
>To make it more interesting I wanted to start with a new party in a
>multiplayer game. My new main character should be a dual class
>berserker/mage. So I created him as a berserker and he is instantly
>elevated to level 18. Hey, stop, I wanted to go dual class with level 12!
>
>WTF, is it not possible to start ToB with a new character that goes dual
>class at level 12 since they are all raised to lev 18/19 right at the
>beginning?
>
>TIA
>
>Horst

Try making a character from scratch in bg2 then save it and edit its
xpts to level 12 beserker in shadowkeeper. then reload bg2 and level
up. then dual class. save again. reload in s'keeper and edit the xpts
to whatever level would be right for a mage that starts in tob. reload
it in bg2, level up and then export it. then you can import it as a
new character in tob.

that may have a good chance of working (i haven't tried it).

may give it a go tho ;)

HTH

HJ

wrote:

>Hi,
>
>after finishing SoA I finally got around to start ToB.
>To make it more interesting I wanted to start with a new party in a
>multiplayer game. My new main character should be a dual class
>berserker/mage. So I created him as a berserker and he is instantly
>elevated to level 18. Hey, stop, I wanted to go dual class with level 12!
>
>WTF, is it not possible to start ToB with a new character that goes dual
>class at level 12 since they are all raised to lev 18/19 right at the
>beginning?
>
>TIA
>
>Horst

Yep, what I suggested works, although you will have to add spells to
the character with shadowkeeper as you will only have two first level
spells ;)

HJ

Am Sat, 23 Jul 2005 21:54:23 GMT schrieb HomerJ:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2005 11:59:07 +0200, Horst Nabulke <nabulke@arcor.de>
> wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>after finishing SoA I finally got around to start ToB.
>>To make it more interesting I wanted to start with a new party in a
>>multiplayer game. My new main character should be a dual class
>>berserker/mage. So I created him as a berserker and he is instantly
>>elevated to level 18. Hey, stop, I wanted to go dual class with level 12!
>>
>>WTF, is it not possible to start ToB with a new character that goes dual
>>class at level 12 since they are all raised to lev 18/19 right at the
>>beginning?
>>
>>TIA
>>
>>Horst
>
> Yep, what I suggested works, although you will have to add spells to
> the character with shadowkeeper as you will only have two first level
> spells ;)
>
> HJ

Thx, I'll try it :)