Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New os removal

Last response: in Windows 8
January 20, 2013 5:24:09 PM

Hello,
I built a new computer and was sold windows 8 upgrade version instead of the full version how can I remove it so I can start from scratch with the full version.

More about : removal

Best solution

January 20, 2013 5:28:07 PM

Once you buy the full version, you can boot from the install disc and delete the existing partitions, then tell it to install to the unpartitioned space (it'll create the necessary partitions automatically)
January 20, 2013 5:39:10 PM

There's no difference between 'full' and upgrade version apart from that upgrade comes cheaper since you're upgrading your old OS that you won't be using anymore.
Buying another copy is a waste of money.
m
l
Related resources
January 27, 2013 12:09:51 PM

MauveCloud said:
Once you buy the full version, you can boot from the install disc and delete the existing partitions, then tell it to install to the unpartitioned space (it'll create the necessary partitions automatically)

Thanks for the response. The full version went on with no problems and it automatically sent the update version to it's own folder which made it easy to delete.
m
l
February 3, 2013 2:50:36 PM

Best answer selected by pokechop.
m
l
a b * Windows 8
February 3, 2013 3:28:17 PM

a clean install of the upgrade or a clean install of the full product will result in the same binaries being placed on your machine. You could just have changed the key and reactivated. No big deal, it is pretty fast to reinstall and you can migrate your other key to another machine. (or ask for a refund for the upgrade key if you are not using it, Microsoft should invalidate it and refund the upgrade price if you call them)
m
l
!