Solved

Need PSU Help!

Hi Guys! I will Make my First Custom (Gaming) PC in the Next Few Weeks.. Just want Some Help in the Selection of PSU, Which one should I Get or which Performs Better from the Following..?

Cooler Master GX Series 750W
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139024)

-OR-

Corsair GS (Gaming Series) 700W?
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139024)

Suggestions of Any Other PSU Similar to these ones will be Accepted. :)
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about need help
  1. Corsair has better PSUs - tell us your full system so we can give you better advice, Mobo, cpu, gpu...
    -Bruce
  2. A couple options I like better:
    PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W 80+ Silver PSU $109.99 before $20 rebate and 15% off w/ promo code PCPMK15OFF, ends 5/21
  3. dish_moose said:
    Corsair has better PSUs - tell us your full system so we can give you better advice, Mobo, cpu, gpu...
    -Bruce

    PC Specs will be:

    CPU: Intel Core i5 3570k
    Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V
    Ram: Corsair Vengeance 4x2GB - 1600 Bus
    HDD: WS 500GB (32 MB Cache)
    GPU: HD4000 (I would Install AMD 77xx or 78xx Series GPU Later)
    OD: ASUS DVDRW 24X Sata
    CPU Cooler: CM V6GT or CM V8
    Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout
    PSU.. Still Thinking About it. :)
  4. Moazzam_Pk said:
    GPU: HD4000 (I would Install AMD 77xx or 78xx Series GPU Later)
    Just one?
    If so a 500W-550W PSU would be more than plenty of power.
  5. I am not an Overclocker.. Would Run on Stock Speed and I will Play Games Like Battlefield 3, Crysis 2, Max Payne 3 and the Upcoming GTA V Etc.
  6. I would Like to Play Games at Mid-High Graphics with Average FPS.. About Crossfire, That's why I am having a Good PSU for a Nice Setup in Future Updates.. Like Crossfire Etc...
  7. AMD Radeon HD 7870 System Requirements:
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7870/Pages/radeon-7870.aspx#2
    For 2x HD 7870 in CFX: 600W power supply (or greater) with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended
  8. WR2 said:
    AMD Radeon HD 7870 System Requirements:
    http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/7000/7870/Pages/radeon-7870.aspx#2
    For 2x HD 7870 in CFX: 600W power supply (or greater) with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express power connectors recommended

    Anyways.. So the CM GX Series 750W or Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W or Corsair Gaming Series GS 700W would be Enough to Crossfire 2x AMD Radeon HD 7870 in Future or Is it Recommended & Better in Performance?
  9. Best answer
    Moazzam_Pk said:
    would be Enough to Crossfire 2x AMD Radeon HD 7870 in Future
    Yes they would.
  10. Best answer selected by Moazzam_Pk.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Gaming Corsair Cooler Master Components Product