Any case fan DBs out there?

Ivanova

Distinguished
May 21, 2007
I was wondering, is there any place I could find a large, detailed, comprehensive database of case fans?

More specifically, listing flow rates, noise, size, manufacturer/model, and voltage/current in - that would be nice.

Thanks
~Ivanova

Ivanova

Distinguished
May 21, 2007
Well, suppose I were to start a chart of (some) case fans - what's the likelyhood of such a thing being hosted here?

Ivanova

Distinguished
May 21, 2007
How would you get fan noise though... or air flow? You got devices to measure such things lying around?
--I won't be gathering data from my own test set. (Though, I'd really, really love such instruments and many, many others.) BTW, anyone out there wanna donate a decent SNA/Spectrum Analyzer/Voltage-Current Supply/Function Generator/Milliohm Meter to the "TMDE for Ivanova Foundation?" Instead, I will be using the specs given by the manufacturer.

If you're compiling from different resources, then you should make sure that each fan listing references the source. A good source for fan info is at www.silentpcreview.com
--Source will be manufacturer page, and no others (unless the manufacturer provides nothing); the manufacturers should have relatively truthful specs. Should.

When you do get your information compiled then be sure to post it in the Coolers and Heatsink section of the Forumz.
--My mistake. Sorry.

--However, I am a very, very busy person, juggling work, and studying for collage stuff, as well as my million other interests. So, I'm sorry if this thread seems like a promise. I will be working on it, however. (I already have a couple manufacturers down in an .XLS already...) Hopefully, I can cram this activity in my ~2 hours of free time a day?

~Ivanova

--Source will be manufacturer page, and no others (unless the manufacturer provides nothing); the manufacturers should have relatively truthful specs. Should.
I agree that they should have honest specs, too. If they actually did, then there would much less demands for forums like these....and a lot less money spent on items with marketing-inflated specification claims. :evil: