Is this chip as good as the benchmark says

Hello i was just wondering if this chip is as good as this site says it is.. Oh ya i have a 775 board i just got so i want to just upgrade the chip i have now...The chip is .........

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Pentium+Dual-Core+E5800+%40+3.20GHz

I have a e6400 which im trying to upgrade..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Intel_Pentium_Dual-Core_microprocessors

So anyways if anyone knows if this chip is good choice for my ancient setup. lol
20 answers Last reply
More about chip good benchmark says
  1. ...
  2. Do not use passmark, it is fake.

First off, which board do you have?
  3. amuffin said:
    Do not use passmark, it is fake.

I didnt i used

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Pentium+Dual-Core+E5800+%40+3.20GHz

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/P5G41TM_LX_PLUS/

its super cheap.. i know and hard to overclock i hear... i just wanted to know where that chip stands compared to other 775 socket chips
  4. carnal sage said:

That IS Passmark. Look at the header on the page.
  5. You can upgrade to a Core 2 Quad processor.
  6. Why are you upgrading?

I ask because most bottlenecks in laptops go like this:

Booting or opening programs - hard drive (mostly ), CPU (slightly), RAM (if too little system feels sluggish)

Video games - Graphics (mostly), CPU (slightly)

Converting video, RAR etc - CPU
  7. tbh, i think it would be more beneficial to entirely buy an i3-2120+h61 mobo over looking for and buying a core 2 quad.

I'm surprised a normal i3-2100 could play on the same level as a core 2 quad 9650 3.0 ghz
  8. DJDeCiBeL said:
    That IS Passmark. Look at the header on the page.

oh haha ya i see it now i was looking at the url :o
  9. photonboy said:
    Why are you upgrading?

I ask because most bottlenecks in laptops go like this:

Booting or opening programs - hard drive (mostly ), CPU (slightly), RAM (if too little system feels sluggish)

Video games - Graphics (mostly), CPU (slightly)

Converting video, RAR etc - CPU

its a desktop. i just wanted to upgrade my core 2 duo e6400 and not have to buy a new board. im looking at the pentium e5800 and the core 2 duo e8200.
  10. amuffin said:
    Do not use passmark, it is fake.

I've owned a copy of passmark for a couple years now. It has always given me legitimate readings between the many builds I've done. Why on earth would you say they are fake?
  11. lemlo said:
    I've owned a copy of passmark for a couple years now. It has always given me legitimate readings between the many builds I've done. Why onearth would you say they are fake?

Because the scores posted online are user submitted with no authentication (can be an OC'd run, but it wouldn't say so). That's what I've heard anyway.

muffin, care to correct me here if I'm wrong?
  12. Passmark is ok as a general guide, but as said, scores are user submitted with no other strict controls and there is a great deal of variance in the scores which is due to the sometimes vast differences in systems being tested

If you want to see a joke, look at their GPU scores. Double cards like the 690 GTX, 6990 Radeon etc score below the single card versions
  13. bearclaw99 said:
    Passmark is ok as a general guide, but as said, scores are user submitted with no other strict controls and there is a great deal of variance in the scores which is due to the sometimes vast differences in systems being tested

If you want to see a joke, look at their GPU scores. Double cards like the 690 GTX, 6990 Radeon etc score below the single card versions

haha
  14. DJDeCiBeL said:
    Because the scores posted online are user submitted with no authentication (can be an OC'd run, but it wouldn't say so). That's what I've heard anyway.

muffin, care to correct me here if I'm wrong?

hes most likely referring to one of my statements about passmark gpu rankings. passmark ranks the gtx 670 higher than the gtx 680. you obviously know its a flawed system if that happens.
  15. Ok so what do you guys think about the pentium e5800 3.2ghz 45nm vs the core 2 duo e8200 2.66ghz 45nm?
  16. dudewitbow said:
    hes most likely referring to one of my statements about passmark gpu rankings. passmark ranks the gtx 670 higher than the gtx 680. you obviously know its a flawed system if that happens.

LOL, Yeah...
  17. Makes me very impressed with my 570 GTX purchase over a year ago since it still beats a new $1000 card (690)

Heh...
  18. Ok so what do you guys think about the pentium e5800 3.2ghz 45nm vs the core 2 duo e8200 2.66ghz 45nm?
  19. E8200 wipes the floor.
  20. I was looking for a good direct comparison to drive the point home, but yeah the E8200 is better.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Chip Benchmark