Help a 24 year old poor computer illiterate girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
gtx 260 is better, you should give us your budget and the purpose for the card that you are considering.

screen resolution would also be good, if you know it, if you don't you can look up your resolution under display settings via control panel.

EDIT-It appears that you have posted two additional post about the same topic, I advise you to STOP, in order for the forum to better facilitate and communicate answers to you.

spinousprocesses

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
Which is a better graphics card, the AMD 6450 or the GeForce GTX 260? I know that both are not good graphic cards, but I just need to know which is better between the two, AND what percent better do you think? Thank you so much all your computer wizards! ::)

thesnappyfingers

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
gtx 260 is better, you should give us your budget and the purpose for the card that you are considering.

screen resolution would also be good, if you know it, if you don't you can look up your resolution under display settings via control panel.

EDIT-It appears that you have posted two additional post about the same topic, I advise you to STOP, in order for the forum to better facilitate and communicate answers to you.

Solution
Yeah, ditto what he said.

(sigh)

2 things everyone forgets when asking for graphics card advice:
1) Resolution-if you don't give us this any advice would just be a shot in the dark.
2) Power supply- many computers lack power and are limited to the upgrade path available.

I'm gonna start putting this in my signature, I see this at least 5 times a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.